Freedom Financial Network
Tempe, AZ, United States
Payment Servicing Specialist I
The Payment Servicing I position is responsible for the day-to-day duties supporting Payment Operations. This role is responsible for adherence to SLAs, providing payment information to creditors on structured settlements. In this role you will also be assigned completion case work once the clients final payment has cleared with a creditor. There are opportunities to work cases that assist clients in accelerating graduation from the program. With a high degree of initiative, thoroughness, accuracy and a sense of urgency, you will be responsible for ensuring all work is done with the utmost quality. You may be asked to assist with other projects at times as well.
This position will regularly require attention to detail as well as application of policies and procedures set in place within the Payment Operations Departments processes. Good judgment and the ability to multi-task and communicate effectively are of primary importance for this position. Regular attendance is a requirement of this position.
Take this opportunity to join a fast growing team where you are valued and recognized for your contributions. We offer good starting pay, a challenging work setting and a collaborative environment where teammates voices are heard.
Starting Pay: $16/hour with ability to increase within 90 days
How Youll Contribute:
- Provide payment instructions over the phone to creditors on the behalf of our clients (most outbound calls but a small portion of the work will be taking inbound calls from creditors as well)
- Ability to work within multiple systems and programs
- Once proficient with providing payment instructions to creditors you will then be trained and assigned case work that you will be responsible for completing
- Accept accountability for quality and accuracy of all payments processed and cases worked
- Ability to effectively manage daily queue and workload
- Adhere to team/department/company procedures and make recommendations for improvements
- Contribute to individual/team/department goals
- Work directly with teammates, leaders and business units to accomplish goals
- Delegated special projects within the team
- Assist in on-boarding new hires through side by sides and team meetings
- High School diploma or GED completed
- Minimum of 1 year experience in the Customer Service, Quality Control or Business Operations environment or related industry
- Strong problem solving skills, the ability to think critically
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to multi-task
- Attention to details
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Working knowledge of PC skills in the Microsoft product line including: Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- 6 months or more of telephone customer service
- Strong analytical abilities
- Positive and proactive attitude
- Preference given to
- Payment Remittance experience
- Financial Service experience
- Data Entry
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- COLLABORATE (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.
Freedom Financial Network is a leading digital personal finance company, built to help people. We do what traditional banks dont: Put people first. We believe in treating people like humans, not account numbers. We help everyday people get on, and stay on, the path to a brighter financial future, with innovative technology and personalized support at every step. We help people control expenses, manage debt, save money, plan ahead, and make better financial decisions. By leveraging our proprietary data and analytics and artificial intelligence we offer solutions tailored for each step of a consumer's financial journey, including personal loans, home equity loans, help with debt, and even financial tools and education.
With 2,400 employees across California, Arizona and Texas, we have served more than 1 million customers, resolved more than $15 billion in consumer debt and originated $6.5 billion in loans over the course of our 20 years in business.
Driven by our core values, were passionate about supporting our communities and proudly awarded over $500,000 in grants distributed by the Freedom Foundation Fund and the Freedom Family Fund in 2021. We believe in a culture led by diversity, equity, and inclusion, and encourage our employees to bring their full selves to work every day. Our diversity-focused Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) are open to all, whether a member of the ERG community or an ally of the group and we are a member of the Fintech Racial Equity Coalition to address and improve inequality in the fintech industry.
And finally, we take great pride in our achievements. This year we topped the list of Best Place to Work by the Phoenix Business Journal, were a top 100 Corporate Philanthropist by the San Francisco Business Times, a 2021 Most Admired Company and a Tech Company with the Best Company Culture by BestCompaniesAz, a 2021 Top Work Places winner by AZcentral and a BuiltIn Best Places to Work winner, to name a few.