Mountain View, CA
Here at Auto-Chlor System we work hard, have fun, and deliver high quality service every day to restaurants, hotels and food operations. We carry environmentally safe products and lead the industry in commercial dishwashers. With over 100 locations nationwide, we pride ourselves in the high quality service we give to our customers and employees. Our culture motto is "People First" because we believe that a company is only as good as its people.
Our Corporate Office is now hiring a Payroll Manager in Mountain View, CA. This position is full-time, exempt with full benefits and is responsible for leading the Payroll team and ensuring overall compliance and execution of payroll functions. This position reports to the Controller of the company. Were looking for an energetic leader who will be contribute to our "People First" culture by providing high quality service to our hard-working employees.
Whats in it for you?
- A people first culture where contributions and collaboration are encouraged and celebrated.
- Monthly company events to recognize hard work and celebrate company wins.
- A competitive salary with an excellent benefits package.
- Ongoing wellness initiatives to improve your health and well being.
What are some of the day to day responsibilities?
- Accurately manage and process all bi-weekly, multi-state payroll; 40% exempt and 60% non-exempt employee mix, including bonus and commissions, salary adjustments and ensures compliance with pay rules.
- Administration of Companys 401k plan, managing timely submissions, rollovers and withdrawals.
- Partners with Payroll Supervisor to ensure accuracy and timeliness of payroll, review off-cycle payroll, ensuring timely check processing and reviews payroll reports.
- Handles escalated field queries and resolves issues in a timely manner.
- Collaborates cross-functionally with HR department for new hire processes, terminations and leaves of absence.
- Provides bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting to Controller and HR.
- Ensures payroll tax payments are in compliance with applicable federal, state and local tax laws.
- Maintains Companys payroll compliance by staying up to date and preparing for new federal, state and local legislation, educating and training departments and advising management of changes.
- Develops internal controls to ensure the quality and efficiency of all payroll functions and regulatory compliance. Communicates procedures with company leadership and field offices.
Successful candidate criteria:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or related field preferred.
- Minimum 3 years managerial experience in payroll group.
- Minimum 3 years of ADP Workforce Now and E-time experience in a multi-state environment.
- Knowledge and ability to apply multi-state wage laws.
- Demonstrated ability to create custom payroll reports.
- Track record of maintaining a positive and collaborative work atmosphere while imparting a warm customer service approach to all internal employee issues.
- Ability to communicate sensitive information in a thoughtful manner.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Auto-Chlor System is more than just a company to work for, its a family. We are excited to give you a glimpse into what life and our family is like at Auto-Chlor System! Throughout our 80 year history, Auto-Chlor System has stood on two pillars: Leadership and people. We strive to have a company culture that focuses on our company objectives of People First, High Quality Service ("HQS"), Growth and Expansion. High Quality Service is what we consider to be servant leadership to our people and our customers.
People First means communicating to connect with each other, promoting from within, recognizing efforts and results, having a safety focus to protect our teams, customers and our communities, and a positive work-life balance. At the end of the day, we want to be a good place for people to work and grow. We want to provide opportunities for people to reach their highest potential with good wages and benefits to allow each team member a wholesome lifestyle for themselves and their families.
No matter if you are a potential candidate or just viewing our page, we hope you will share the excitement and results of our People First culture.
Lets have some fun together!