Job Description SummaryAs a Permit Coordinator working for Taylor Morrison you will be supporting our Construction Department. You will be providing all levels of support with permit process to the Construction department.
We trust that as a Permit Coordinator you will: (responsibilities)
- Ensure that all construction positions are well staffed with individuals that are competent in technical abilities, cost control measures, administrative and customer service skills
- Maintain reports to include: permit tracking log, sold not started, inventory management, and other various permitting spreadsheets
- Process permits including tracking down all necessary documents, applying for and following the permits through each municipality
- Pay all fees including impacts, permits, and red tags
- Apply for utilities including power and water for each lot
- Assist builders with miscellaneous issues such as fees or holds
- Prepare and distribute packages and permits to the builders
- Maintain all vendor applications for each municipality including permit applications
- You are willing to perform other duties as assigned
What you will need: (competencies, behaviors & attributes)
- Customer Focus
- Independent/Creative Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 1 year minimum experience permitting with a large production homebuilder
- Must have ability to multitask with attention to detail
- Ability to work independently in a team environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong sense of urgency
- Must have excellent overall computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Will have responsibilities such as:
- This position is considered a non-exempt position for purposes of wage-hour law, which means that you will be required to keep a time record and will be eligible for overtime pay.
Successful job applicants will be able to perform these functions. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Report to Division/Corporate Office/Community daily and adhere to schedule
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer and/or electronic device
- Ability to have face to face conversations with customers, co-workers and higher level manager
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and move around work environment as needed
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle if applicable
- Comply with company policies and procedure
- Must be able to able to remain in a stationary position up to 50% of the time
- The ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
*Taylor Morrison experience and/or successful completion of training program may override required education and/or experience requirement.
Job descriptions are not intended as, nor should be construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of those principal job duties and responsibilities essential for making fair pay decisions about the job.
Benefits of Working With Taylor Morrison
We are looking for dedicated professionals that share our values of putting the customer - and their needs - first. In addition to a great team atmosphere, career development and advancement opportunities, we offer full-time employees an extensive benefits package, to include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care - Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Matching Contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability Programs
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Home Purchase Rebate Program
- Home Mortgage Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Welcome to the Taylor Morrison, Inc. Career Portal
In order to be the best in the industry, you have to surround yourself with the best people. At Taylor Morrison, Inc., we are committed to being the best North American homebuilder as measured by our employees, customers, shareholders, and business partners.
Headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, Taylor Morrison Home Corporation operates in the U.S. under the Taylor Morrison and Darling Homes brands. Taylor Morrison is a builder and developer of single-family detached and attached homes serving a wide array of customers including first-time, move-up, luxury, and active adult customers. Taylor Morrison divisions operate in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina and Texas. Darling Homes serves move-up and luxury homebuyers in Texas. In addition, Taylor Morrison also offers home financing though Taylor Morrison Home Funding, providing professional and knowledgeable home mortgage options.
Taylor Morrison, Inc. is always looking for dedicated professionals who share our values. Please use our Career Portal to view current job openings and apply for positions online.
Thank you for considering a career with Taylor Morrison, Inc.!
For more information about Taylor Morrison please visit www.taylormorrison.com.