Davis Hospital and Medical Center
Pharmacy Buyer - Davis Hospital
**Great Health Benefits, 401k and generous PTO
We have many plans with various deductibles, which can cover individuals or families so you can customize a plan that will work for you! Steward Health Care works with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts to provide affordable health insurance for our employees in benefit eligible positions. Our Health Plans Highlights are:
- Deductibles will not apply to services provided by a Steward provider (Tier 1).
- Office visits copays will be $0 when a member uses a Steward Provider (Tier 1).
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse office visits will be $0 for all In-Network providers (Tier1, Tier 2, and Tier 3).
Other Benefits provided:
- Dental, Vision, Health Care Savings Account, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long-Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, and more.
Davis Hospital and Medical Center is a 225-bed facility that opened in 1976 and has grown over the years to become a first class medical facility. By offering a broad range of healthcare services, advanced medical technology and a comfortable, convenient patient experience, Davis has become the hospital of choice for its community. The hospitals highly skilled doctors and experienced nurses keep a relentless focus on quality and constantly maintain their commitment to patient well-being and satisfaction.
Some of our area of expertise include: Emergency Services, Cardiac Care, Womens Health, Diagnostic Imaging, Rehabilitation Services, Surgical Services, and Behavioral Health.
Under the general direction of the Chief Nursing Officer (CNO), and Pharmacy Director, the Pharmacy Buyer is responsible for purchasing the necessary drugs and materials for the Pharmacy Department. He/She is responsible for procurement, receiving and inventory control of pharmaceuticals; for processing purchase orders and invoices; for maintaining contract files and for compliance with contracts, and for responses to pharmaceutical recalls. He/She must be proficient with wholesaler ordering systems, inventory management, GPO reports and contract compliance reports. The Pharmacy Buyer is responsible for all clinic buying and ensuring Departmental Charging (IDB) is accurately completed. He/She alerts the Director of Pharmacy of changes in buying trends, including unusual use of drugs and use of new costly drugs. The Pharmacy Buyer works effectively under the direct supervision of the Director of Pharmacy and/or a Licensed Pharmacist to meet the drug needs of the hospitalized patient. The pharmacist may be responsible for the purchase of pharmacy inventory to include narcotics and other necessary drugs, equipment, and items to insure availability. When there is an established formulary, the pharmacist is required to adhere to that formulary or follow the established procedure for exceptions.
- High school diploma or equivalet
- Current Pharmacy Tech license valid in the state of Utah
- One (1) year experience in a hospital pharmacy or equivalent preferred
- Knowledge of medical terminology, including generic and name brand pharmaceuticals
- ACPE or ASHP accreddited course in compounding sterile preperations preferred.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
Steward Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Steward Hospitals are taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- Expanded hours will allow previously canceled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.