PHX - Ground Services Equipment Technician (16431)
Posted 11 days ago
AZ - Phoenix - Sky Harbor Airport (KPHX) - Phoenix, AZ
Up to 25%
Installation - Maint - Repair
Provide Maintenance support for aviation ground service equipment and fuel trucks.Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Repair, overhaul and perform troubleshooting, preventative and routine maintenance servicing of Line Service ground support equipment and machinery to ensure it is maintained in a safe and operational condition (including, but not limited to, tugs, GPUs, tow bars, anti-icing cart and lav cart);
- Liaise with Phillips 66 as needed for audit inspection and other purposes.
- Proactively support the Line Service crew as a back-up team member as required by manpower and the needs of the business (fuelling, towing of aircraft)
- Train new Line Service employees how to properly inspect and safely operate all line service support equipment.
- Minimum of two (2) years of heavy mechanical experience with vehicles and other mechanical equipment
- Possess a valid drivers license;
- Experience as a Line Service Attendant is an asset;
- Is a team player
- Strong Customer service skills;
- Safety oriented.
- Preventive maintenance practices and procedures as applied to electrical systems
- Methods, materials, tools and equipment used in the installation, maintenance, repair and operation of electrical circuits and related equipment
- Automotive servicing principles and practices
- Engine repair techniques
- Diagnostic devises utilized in identifying vehicle and/or equipment malfunctions
- Preventive maintenance practices
- Recordkeeping principles
- Safety procedures
- Computers and related software applications
- As assigned, incumbents provide specialized, journey level technical GSE support oversight for facilities, grounds, equipment and general equipment maintenance including compliance with FAA regulations and recordkeeping requirements. Responsibilities, as assigned, may include: welding and fabricating parts; safety inspections; monitoring and maintaining inventory; installing and maintaining equipment; installing, troubleshooting and repairing high voltage power distribution systems; performing maintenance and troubleshooting of heavy equipment; monitoring compliance with applicable regulations related to Cutter Line Operations; and/or, performing other related activities.