PHX - Regional Sales Manager (16856)
Cutter Aviation is currently searching for energetic and knowledgeable sales professionals. These positions are responsible for recommending and selling aircraft maintenance and avionics solutions to existing and potential customers within Southwest territory. The Regional Sales Manager (RSM) will function as the primary face of Cutter Aviation and must be an exceptional relationship builder with the drive to provide world-class customer service. The RSM is effectively the Companys "store-front" in the field. He/she is the external representative of our company to our target market of A/C owners, operators, business partners, and to the business aviation community.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Seeks out and targets new customers and new sales opportunities. Initiates action plans to secure new business for the Company.
- Analyze existing and anticipated customer requirements and promotes consideration of Company products and services to fill such requirements.
- Assist customers in developing the appropriate work scope and works with appropriate team members to ensure successful completion of projects, i.e., meeting customer expectations.
- Develop strategies and implement tactical activities focused on increasing the contact level with customers and potential customers, including hosting customer seminars, participating in industry functions, open houses, and trade shows.
- Performs customer needs assessments, which includes analyzing technical information to determine needed installations and services to comply with OEM quality standards.
- Be responsible for achieving sales and margin objectives within the assigned territory.
- Provide standard and occasionally special reports depicting the status of sales and prospects in the assigned territory. Deliver accurate sales forecast.
- Maintain and develop a relationship with the A/C sales force to promote the sale of maintenance and avionics solutions.
- Maintain knowledge of his/her market place, awareness of competitors' products and pricing.
- Negotiate terms of sales and services with customers.
- Perform all required administrative functions, e.g., monthly reports, correspondence, expense reporting, etc.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in aircraft maintenance or avionics sales capacity, including specific experience in structuring, pricing, negotiating, and closing deals.
- Strong customer-centric mindset. Able to translate customer issues / needs into profitable business solutions.
- Must have a demonstrated track record of successful sales closing in a multi-site environment.
- Knowledge of Hawker Beechcraft, LearJet, Citation, Piper and/or Socata TBM product lines preferred.
- Knowledge of Avionics Systems such as Garmin, and Collins preferred.
- Working knowledge of FARs and inspection programs highly desirable.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced corporate environment.
- Working knowledge of MS Excel and Word and be able to effectively conduct internet research
- Must be willing to travel domestically (Approximately 30%-40%).
Ideal candidate will have the following work styles:
- Being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude
- Being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Attention to Detail
- Accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace
- A willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges
- Being sensitive to others' needs and feelings and being understanding and helpful on the job
- Developing one's own ways of doing things, guiding oneself with little or no supervision, and depending on oneself to get things done
- Persistence in the face of obstacles