Martin Marietta - Quivas
Greeley, CO, United States
Plant Oiler / Ground Person
Martin Marietta has several openings for the right quality individuals for our Plant Oiler/Ground Person positions at our operations located in Greeley.
This is a career-type position with a top company with great benefits.
This position involves cross-functional duties in plant maintenance and equipment operation. Duties include greasing and lubricating plant equipment, maintaining plant housekeeping, operating equipment, and performing routine maintenance and repairs on plant equipment. This position reports to the Plant Manager.
Starting wages depend on skills, knowledge and experience.
- Ensures a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task
- Assist in plant operations including preventative and routine maintenance, including greasing and lubricating plant equipment
- Must be willing to cross train in all plant areas
- Operate front end loader
- Performs a variety of tasks assisting with operation and repairs to the plant, including using hand tools, sweeping, and shoveling materials
- Operate mobile equipment to assist in the clean up around the plant as well as cover personnel for breaks
- Maintains good housekeeping in areas of responsibility
- Other duties as requested
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities;
- Must be safety-oriented and exhibit safe work habits
- Self-motivated and eager to learn new skills
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency
- Willing to work hours that are associated to the asphalt industry, including overtime and weekends as needed
- Ability to operate a front-end loader and skid steer preferred
- Mechanical / electrical skills preferred
- Ability to follow verbal and written instruction.
- Pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen
Minimum Education and Experience;
- 1-3 years of experience in asphalt industry preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
Physical Requirements & Conditions;
- Ability to lift 75 pounds
- Must be able to perform physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Pension Plan
- Educational/Tuition Assistance Plan
- Employee Discount Program
- Adoption Assistance Program
- Life, AD&D and Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Programs
- ...and many more!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled