St. Joseph Medical Center
Pool EKG Technician II
Under general direction of the Nurse Manager and using an EKG machine, the EKG technician will take basic 12-lead EKGs on adult and pediatric patients according to department procedure. The EKG technician will connect and disconnect holter monitors and assist with miscellaneous clerical/computer related duties; i.e., editing EKGs on system and patient charging. They will carry out job duties consistent with St. Joseph Hospital Medical Centers mission and values by working as a team member and mandating customer satisfaction.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Consistently supports and communicates the Mission, Vision and Values of St. Joseph Medical Center.
2. Follows the St. Joseph Medical Center Guidelines related to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), designed to prevent or detect unauthorized disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI).
3. Promotes a culture of safety for patients and employees through proper identification, proper reporting, documentation and prevention of medical errors in a non-punitive environment.
4. Performs ECGs on adult and pediatric patients following department procedures.
- Will be responsible for HBOC patient order entry, procedure charging and miscellaneous.
- HBOC computer procedures, i.e., printing patient facesheets.
- Edits all emergency room EKGs and transmits to the Cardiology management system.
- Edits all transmitted EKGs by correcting all patient demographic information.
- Edits all confirmed EKGs by correctly deleting interpretation phrases and using
the appropriate acronym or free text phrase.
10. Assists in report delivery by faxing EKG reports to appropriate physicans office
and includes charting confirmed EKG copy on patients chart for all inpatients.
11. Assists in holter monitor connect and disconnect procedure. Performs other
duties as assigned by the Manager.
12. Supportive of the compliance program set forth by SJMC and demonstrated by:
- Upholds the Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance.
- Adheres to and helps to enforce all compliance policies relevant to his/her area.
- Assures timely compliance education as requested by the Compliance Officer and/or through corporate initiatives.
13. Sets an example to all staff in their daily activities.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- 1 year or more experience preferred.
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
- 1 year or more in a health care environment, with EKG experience is desired but
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Ability to read and write legibly in order to edit patient reports and communicate effectively
with physicians and other health care professionals.
- Analytical skills necessary to perform HBOC/computer related procedures.
- Ability to concentrate and work at a computer station with attention to detail for approximately
- 30% of their work schedule.
For physical demands of position, including vision, hearing, repetitive motion and environment, see following description.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising client care.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.