Post Closer FHA Insurer
Job Description SummaryThe Post Closer - FHA Insurer supports mortgage related business strategies and is responsible for the auditing and shipment of delegated FHA closed loan files to our investors as well as for the preparation of FHA Case Binders for submission to the applicable Home Ownership Center (HOC) for endorsement. The position requires a thorough knowledge of FHA underwriting and closing requirements.
The goals of this position are to expeditiously deliver complete, accurate closing packages to our investors for purchase and to the appropriate HOC for endorsement.
We trust that as a Post Closer - FHA Insurer you will: (responsibilities)
- Audit of closed loan package
- Review underwriting final approval sheet to ensure all "at closing" conditions were met and included with the closed loan package for submission to the investor
- Identify any incorrect, incomplete or missing documentation and take appropriate steps to rectify
- Effectively communicate with title, builder, buyers and co-workers in a positive and professional manner to obtain missing and/or corrective documentation in a timely manner
- Confirm all closed loan packages are legibly scanned and successfully uploaded to both the investors system and ours
- Request FHA UFMIP payments to be made and document system accordingly after payment
- Assemble documentation in accordance with FHA Guidelines for Case Binder submission
- Log into FHA Connection and complete the application for insurance information
- You are willing to perform other duties as assigned
What you will need: (competencies, behaviors & attributes)
- Ethics & Integrity
- Organization Skills
- Knowledge of Know Before You Owe, loan origination, processing, underwriting and closing guidelines for Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, VA, FHA and USDA loans
- Minimum 2 years mortgage or banking experience within processing, underwriting or audit
- Ability to multi-task and quickly adapt to changing work assignments
- Must possess a short learning curve related to integration of new skills and tasks
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Word and MS Excel
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Will have responsibilities such as:
- This position is considered a non-exempt position for purposes of wage-hour law, which means that you will be required to keep a time record and will be eligible for overtime pay.
Successful job applicants will be able to perform these functions. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Report to Division/Corporate Office/Community daily and adhere to schedule
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer and/or electronic device
- Ability to have face to face conversations with customers, co-workers and higher level manager
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and move around work environment as needed
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle if applicable
- Comply with company policies and procedure
- Must be able to able to remain in a stationary position up to 50% of the time
- The ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
*Taylor Morrison experience and/or successful completion of training program may override required education and/or experience requirement.
Job descriptions are not intended as, nor should be construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of those principal job duties and responsibilities essential for making fair pay decisions about the job.
Benefits of Working With Taylor Morrison
We are looking for dedicated professionals that share our values of putting the customer - and their needs - first. In addition to a great team atmosphere, career development and advancement opportunities, we offer full-time employees an extensive benefits package, to include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care - Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Matching Contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability Programs
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Home Purchase Rebate Program
- Home Mortgage Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Welcome to the Taylor Morrison, Inc. Career Portal
In order to be the best in the industry, you have to surround yourself with the best people. At Taylor Morrison, Inc., we are committed to being the best North American homebuilder as measured by our employees, customers, shareholders, and business partners.
Headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, Taylor Morrison Home Corporation operates in the U.S. under the Taylor Morrison and Darling Homes brands. Taylor Morrison is a builder and developer of single-family detached and attached homes serving a wide array of customers including first-time, move-up, luxury, and active adult customers. Taylor Morrison divisions operate in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina and Texas. Darling Homes serves move-up and luxury homebuyers in Texas. In addition, Taylor Morrison also offers home financing though Taylor Morrison Home Funding, providing professional and knowledgeable home mortgage options.
Taylor Morrison, Inc. is always looking for dedicated professionals who share our values. Please use our Career Portal to view current job openings and apply for positions online.
Thank you for considering a career with Taylor Morrison, Inc.!
For more information about Taylor Morrison please visit www.taylormorrison.com.