Freedom Financial Network
Freedom Financial Network is looking for a Post-Closing Specialist to join our mortgage team at Lendage.
In this position, you will deliver collateral, audit each loan file for accuracy following government regulations, and ensure each file is delivered to the investor on time.
This role works closely with all mortgage loan team members as well as with investors to ensure the timely purchase of our loans. You should possess and maintain current working knowledge of mortgage compliance regulations for conventional, FHA, USDA and VA loan programs.
Under general direction from the Manager, Mortgage Closing, this role performs daily functions relative to collateral review, final document retrieval and review, document correction, investor/compliance suspense items, servicing transfers, and MERS transfers.
- Receives post-closing loan documentation/collateral and reviews all documents for accuracy ensuring borrower name, property address, legal description, lender name, address and Notary acknowledgment are correct.
- Stores collateral in secure fashion
- Prepares, ships, and tracks collateral to appropriate parties
- Tracks and obtains final Title Policy and recorded Security Instrument filing electronically in the loan folder
- Prepares individual loan files for delivery to investor/servicer
- Updates relative systems with Servicing Transfer information
- Tracks creditor payoffs and requests re-issuance of payment as needed
- 1-3 Years Mortgage Experience in Processing and/or Post Closing
- A minimum of two years of data entry experience and familiarity with loan operations; Two to four years experience in real estate law office or bank mortgage closing department is preferred.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills in dealing with attorneys, title companies, and other business professionals.
- Familiarity with all federal and state banking regulations pertaining to lending and consumer compliance, including fair lending laws.
- Eligible to complete state and federal MLO licensing requirements, including but not limited to required pre-license education, state and federal testing, and federal background checks to obtain an appropriate license to conduct business in all states deemed necessary by the company
- Ability to work in a continually-changing, entrepreneurial team environment
- Great communication skills, self-motivation, positive attitude
- Embodies the four Freedom core values: Care, Collaboration, Get Better, and Act with Integrity
WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart + $ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2000 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, youll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. Its a place where the Heart + $ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing whats right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- Collaborate (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.
This is your chance to join Freedoms newest division and get in on the ground floor of our next great opportunity. If that sounds exciting, we want to talk to you.