Davis Wright Tremaine
Practice Manager (Restaurant, Food & Beverage Industry)
Opportunity to drive business for premier law firm representing the nations top restaurants, alcohol suppliers, and food & beverage companies on a national scope. We are open to this person sitting in our Washington D.C., New York City, Los Angeles, or Portland offices.
Our national, best-in-class Restaurant and Food & Beverage Industry Group (RFB) is looking for an agile Practice Manager to help support its profitable growth and effective operation. We help our clients, who are well-known established and emerging companies, including culinary and celebrity personalities, achieve their strategic and business goals. We work on restaurant, food and beverage, and alcohol supplier projects every day. Were passionate about the industry - enough to get past whats delicious and really dig in on what matters to our clients.
What will this person do?
The Practice Group Manager for the RFG group will have a deep knowledge of our practice and take the helm in executing operating needs, driving business development, and monitoring finance and performance analytics. In other words, were looking for a manager to take the lead and deliver measurable success for the RFB Group.
You are the right person if youre a true driver, a go-getter, someone who prides themselves on getting things done and exhibits a fearlessness to question existing processes and provide forward-thinking, innovative solutions. We are experienced, practical, and connected attorneys who are eager to partner with you. Youll work directly with the mid-career partners who co-founded and lead the RFB Group, which today includes over 50 lawyers nationwide, and based in the beautiful, culinary hotspot of Portland, Oregon.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth, community involvement, and a culture of inclusion. Regardless of position, everyone here has a voice and the support is unparalleled. DWT fosters inclusiveness and authenticity.
Join us if you can:
- Own the execution of the RFB Group operating needs
- Advise RFB Group on evaluation and execution of business development efforts, including performing research on industry trends, prospective clients and competitors marketing activities
- Develop professional working relationships and create a consultative, advisory-type level of trust with colleagues. Create, refine and promote the RFB Groups brands internally and externally through digital (website, email campaigns, social media, etc.) and traditional marketing activities (events, PR, etc.), as well as innovative new methods, in partnership with marketing department and outside third-party vendors.
- Deliver excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate verbally and in writing in a professional, courteous manner with clients, firm members, and other business contacts
- Support the lawyers in their efforts to achieve financial growth in the RFB group, leveraging acute business judgment and an understanding of finance, sales and marketing, staffing models and industry trends
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, owning RFB operations and projects.
- Innovate better, more efficient processes and programs to support the RFB group
- Partner with the Marketing Communications department, supporting the RFB Groups execution of large-scale events
5+ years of experience as a marketing and/or business development professional within the restaurant, food or beverage industry is a must. Understanding legal or professional service industry is an added bonus. Note, the ability to travel occasionally within the United States is required.
Whats in it For You?
DWT offers competitive compensation in addition to ample benefits including but not limited to:
- Choice of health and vision insurance plans
- Paid vacation and sick time
- 2 paid volunteer days for qualifying community service work
- Dental plan
- Fertility and adoption benefit
- Paid sabbatical after 13 years of service
- Tuition reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Retirement contribution
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to feel and reach with hands and arms and frequently required to sit, stand, walk and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP believes that embracing diversity and inclusion brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities. We are committed to promoting a diverse workforce and inclusive environment where every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employees sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.