La Frontera EMPACT
EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a member agency of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valued community services and resources for behavioral health counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention since 1987. We are an EEO/AA Employer.
We are looking for a Prevention Specialist to join our team. This position provides direct prevention services to communities, businesses, schools, and other target populations. It creates and implements curriculum and facilitates grounds for preventions programs to includes services for youth, families and communities (ie: suicide prevention curriculum, peer leadership groups, SOS groups). Conducts school and community presentations and trainings on topics such as substance abuse prevention, suicide prevention, signs and symptoms of depression.
- Must possess a Master's Degree
- Arizona independent level licensure is preferred.
- Must be able to remain calm in crisis, work independently and cooperatively, recognize personal limitations, understand and identify the feelings, needs and concerns of others, and relate positively and with empathy to all persons regardless of age, race, creed, gender, or sexual orientation.
- Must possess a valid AZ driver's license.
- Fingerprint Clearance Card required or be able to obtain one.