City of Kansas City Missouri
Kansas City, MO, United States
Principal Engineering Technician
Full-time position available with KCMO’s Public Works Department, Sidewalks Division, 4721 Coal Mine Road.
Normal Work Days/Hours: Monday-Friday 7:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
Salary Range: $3,957-$6,769/month.
Application Deadline: May 31, 2022.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Directs, oversees and manages daily operations of large capital projects.
- Manages Engineering Technician Leads on large projects for inspection coverage.
- Supervises the scheduling of projects, determining the priority for each project, and preparing and assigning work activities.
- Consults with senior staff, consultants, and contractors before, during, and following project completion.
- Prepares project inspection reports, maintains diaries, and certifies material quantities for payment.
- Serves as a senior construction inspector on several sidewalk replacement projects and ADA ramp reconstruction projects; ensuring construction work is completed according to City standards and specifications.
- Ensures warrant inspections are performed before expiration and work areas are safe for public. Provides input to 3-1-1 Action Center requests.
- Responsible for snow removal on a residential snow route during winter months.
REQUIRES high school graduation and 12 years of related and increasingly responsible experience in engineering drawing, mapping, automated mapping, GIS and equipment or CADD, engineering, land survey, construction inspection, and related fields; OR high school graduation and possession of the Level IV Certification as an Engineering Technician (ET) as issued by the National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technologies (NICET) or a Registered Land Surveyor's License as issued by the Missouri Board for Architects, Professional Engineers, Professional Land Surveyors, and Professional Landscape Architects; OR an acceptable combination of qualifying education and experience. Must possess a valid state-issued driver’s license in accordance with City of KCMO policies.Must pass a pre-employment drug screen and post-offer physical examination as prescribed by the City.
The City of Kansas City, Missouri is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce.