Vanco Payment Solutions
Principal Project Manager
An important part of who we are is our Vanco Values in Action. At Vanco, our employees:
* Clearly Care
* Own It
* Have Grit
As Principal Project Manager you are responsible for managing the project management function for Vanco and driving excellence in planning and execution of critical projects that span both IT infrastructure, software development, go to market, process improvement and a variety of other projects across Vanco.
This role is responsible for driving overall planning, facilitate coordination, managing risk, and tracking execution. This function is critical to the overall success of Vanco providing critical oversight across the corporation, collaborating with all departments including IT, Sales, Marketing, and Finance and driving a outcome based, metrics driven approach to managing projects.
* Oversee projects you are assigned to, creating collaboratively with stakeholders, departments, roles, and teams; project plans, facilitating collaboration between teams, tracking execution, scheduling critical meetings where needed and managing, tracking, and communicating risk to the project to the department and company leadership.
* Ensure proper process is followed for assigned projects.
* Create metrics to measure project progress and success and develop tools that facilitate visibility and understanding for these metrics such as reports and dashboards.
* Develop Project Charters, Scope, Team composition, messaging, risk management plan, milestone project plans, and project initiation and other key assets and project artifacts.
* Track and oversee time reporting for Capex and onetime costs, for assigned projects to ensure it is accurate, complete, follows financial rules, and is put into appropriate assigned categories. Provide reporting on this for assigned projects.
* Provide regular project status and improve the process of status reporting thru tools, reports, structured and unstructured meetings, and dashboards.
* Determining, recommending, and implementing continuous improvement both for PMO related processes, IT department processes, or any areas of company improvement identified during business.
* Participate as a full member of the Technology Leadership Team, including attending IT staff meetings, participating in department direction as well as strategic and tactical planning, thought leadership, and providing overall leadership.
* Recruit, manage, and oversee other project managers assigned to the PMO.
* Provide assistance, advice, tools and assets, and expertise to other teams and departments as needed on best practices for project management.
* Assist in other areas as needed such as budgeting, personnel management, and other department level concerns as needed or opportunity allows as a senior leader in IT.
* 5+ years of Project Management experience in Project Management on IT and software development projects.
* Experience in building and managing complex project plans.
* Experience working with vendors, understanding how to work with third party vendor companies including negotiating SOWs.
* Great interpersonal skills, a team player who can work effective in a matrixed environment and organization.
* Experienced in working with multiple departments
* Comfortable presenting in front of both teams and senior management.
* Able to solve complex issues working with a team and leading them to a solution.
* Have the ability to hold people accountable in an effective way.
* Understanding of IT infrastructure projects
* Some understanding of cloud computing
* Familiar with the product release process and the steps involved in go to market aspects of a product release
* Understanding of Agile SDLC such as Kanban, Scrum others
What we offer:
* While this role will be based in Bloomington, MN, our team is currently working from home as we navigate COVID-19. Team members are able to work from the office on a volunteer basis
* 100% Employer Paid Health Insurance HSA or Base Plan, Dental, Life Insurance, AD&D Insurance, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability
* Additional benefits include Vision, Accident, Critical Illness, Voluntary Life & AD&D
* Paid Holidays and 4 weeks PTO
* Paid days off to Volunteer
* 401(k) Plan with employer match
* Competitive benefits and pay
* Small collaborative teams where you can impact both outcome and culture
* Ongoing professional development opportunities
* Join a rapidly growing company that promotes internally
Vanco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Who we are: Vanco provides businesses, nonprofits, and education organizations a completely range of payments soluations and administrative software. Our solutions make payments processing simple and ease administrative burdens for faith-based groups, nonprofits and schools.
Apply now to start a conversation to see if this is a good fit!