Regenesis Biomedical, Inc
Principal RF / Electrical Engineer
The primary focus of this position is to lead new product innovation to achieve maximum return on investment (ROI) and profitable revenue growth through ideation management and prototype development. The Principal RF/Electrical Engineer will be responsible for driving product initiatives from idea creation to product launch. Exhibits a strong balance between entrepreneurial creativity and the ability to work within best-practice-based approaches, grounded in strategy. Collaborates with senior leadership and internal teams to ensure strategic alignment of the vision and execution of new products.
Responsible for preparing radio frequency (RF) and electrical designs, specifications, standards, studies, cost estimates and sound technical recommendations, in support of Pulsed Electromagnetic Field therapy projects and tasks. Applies a high level of technical expertise to solve design, developmental and operational problems. Manages and coordinates projects and tasks, including development of work scope, budget, and schedule. Directs, assists, and mentor team members in completion of their work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conceptualize new product technologies and own product development through protype and product launch.
- Support Engineering and Quality Assurance in launching robust products.
- Work with Life Sciences on energetics for tissue and cells research.
- Enhance the company’s intellectual property (IP).
- Communicate roadmaps, priorities, experiments, and decisions across a wide spectrum of audiences.
- Align with other engineering team members to understand technical implementation complexities and challenges of complex applications.
- Efficiently plan and manage multiple projects simultaneously on time and within budget.
- Respond quickly to shifting priorities without losing sight of longer-range project goals.
- Evaluate circuit specifications/designs and printed circuit board (PCB) layout to complete a circuit performance and reliability analysis.
- Design and implement different RF circuits and systems including near-field radiators, power amplifiers, feedback loops, impedance matching networks, filters, and modulators. Integrates the RF circuits with combined digital control circuits (micro-controller, FPGA and CPLD) for Pulsed Electromagnetic Field therapy applicators.
- Test, tune, debug and optimize prototype circuits and components to meet specification requirements and manufacturing producibility requirements.
- Ability to collaborate with other members of the team to create electromagnetic simulator models of RF circuits and systems to predict the pattern and behavior of electromagnetic fields.
- Perform and coordinate production engineering support functions such as fixture development, materials selection, design, evaluation and solution for process problems.
- Stay abreast of the latest changes, trends and technological advancements in the industry; attend conferences and workshops on Pulsed Electromagnetic Field in Biology through attendance and participation at conferences, seminars, continuing education, literature, etc.
- Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in Electrical Engineering, focused on applied electromagnetics.
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience in the medical device industry.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in antenna design and analysis in HF/VHF range, electromagnetic modeling, and RF design.
- Experienced with RF test equipment such as signal generators, network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, and oscilloscopes.
- Familiarity, educational experience, or on the job experience in the following areas:
- RF circuit theory, application, and testing procedures.
- Transmission line theory and design.
- RF network theory, analysis, and design.
- RF matching networks and filter design.
- RF power amplifier design.
- Experience in developing RF transmission chains and feedback/control loops.
- Antenna design.
- RF design & integration experience, including in-lab debug experience.
- RF circuits/system prototyping.
- Reading, understanding, and capture of schematics.
- Analog circuit design simulator software (e.g., PSPICE, LTSPICE).
- RF simulation software tools (NI AWR, ANSYS HFSS, or similar)
- Investigating EMI / EMC issues, identifying solutions, and reporting findings effectively.
- Must be able to apply engineering/technical principles to analyze and solve problems.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with internal stakeholders.
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate technical information and concepts with various levels of staff in both formal and informal settings.
- Proven ability to successfully collaborate with internal and external stakeholders from various parts of the organization and drive successful outcomes cross-functionally.
- Must be able to prepare written communications on technical and non-technical matters for various levels of management.
- Extensive experience managing multiple projects within deadlines and budgets.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (including Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, Teams, Visio, Project, etc.).
- Master of Science (MS) and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Electrical Engineering focused in applied electromagnetics.
- Proficiency in RF power amplifier design (Class C, D, E, F).
- Proficient in impedance matching networks design for RF power amplifiers and near-field antennas/radiators.
- Electromagnetic interference (EMI) theory.
- Printed circuit board design for RF applications (e.g., selection of substrates, impedance control, ground planes, etc.).
- Working knowledge of RF and electronic circuit simulation tools (e.g., AWR, ADS, Genesys, LTspice, and others).
- Experience with mechanical, digital, and embedded software (i.e., firmware) integration.
- Must be able to a operate personal computer and printer.
- Ability to work on a computer up to 8 hours a day.
- Regularly required to sit for long periods of time, with the ability to move around within the office and lab work area as needed.
- Adequate vision required for equipment and computer use and reading.
Regenesis offers competitive pay, bonus plan, stock plan, health insurance benefits, matching 401k, and a generous paid time off plan.
Regenesis Biomedical is an Equal Opportunity Employer