Davis Wright Tremaine
Pro Bono Client Engagement Specialist
As a key member of the firms Pro Bono and Social Impact Department, the Client Engagement Specialist will work under the direction of the Pro Bono Program Manager and directly with client relationship partners to help in-house legal departments structure pro bono programs and develop collaborative pro bono and social impact opportunities with the firm.
Whether this means collaborating on cases or helping develop in-house pro bono programs, this important, much sought-after service allows our relationship attorneys to partner with their in-house clients on meaningful work that improves communities and changes lives for the better.
This role will help the Department respond to the tremendous increase in requests from in-house clients to do this work in collaboration with outside counsel. This position will allow the firm to provide excellent, differentiated service that has special meaning and value to in-house legal departments while strengthening the firms relationship with the client.
The Client Engagement Specialist will:
- Work with the Pro Bono Manager to respond to identified clients from our billable client list and create a strategic plan regarding outreach
- Identify relationship partners for all clients and facilitate a discussion in re communications plan, outreach strategy, and providing general ongoing support as requested
- Work with the relationship partners to meaningfully integrate them and provide an active role in the pro bono opportunity
- Work closely with the Alumni Relations Counsel on pro bono initiatives for alumni and their integration into our pro bono program
- Work closely and collaboratively with senior lawyers and staff responsible for managing and growing key client relationships
- Respond to in-house department requests for pro bono opportunities with comprehensive menus, resources, and general information
- Work with the Pro Bono Program Manager on myriad tasks related to the project management of pro bono initiatives with clients
- Create and host educational programming across various disciplines and practice areas focused on in-house opportunities to partner with legal service organizations and the firm
- Update our new client-outreach portal and provide timely information regarding our pro bono work with the clients
- Develop deep substantive knowledge of multiple legal practice groups both at the firm and client, and collaborate with the practice management teams for those groups and determine which clients we should reach out to
- Identify, vet, and integrate resources for additional support to meet client needs, including specialized opportunities, flagship projects, and special requests
- Establish, develop, and help manage relationships with legal service organizations (LSOs) and community partners
- Maintain and grow the Departments in-house client portfolio
- Develop strong relationships with the firms practice management team in order to stay up to date with client business strategies and market landscape to support knowledge of clients marketing and business development initiatives
- Build deep, direct relationships with the client legal operations team
- Solicit client feedback, by working collaboratively with firms client team as well as the Department; act on feedback received; and track progress towards client satisfaction
- Assist relationship partners and client leadership with other strategic opportunities and ad hoc projects that strengthen the client relationship
- Assist relationship partners and client leadership to help drive content and create agendas for client team meetings, including monthly, quarterly, and annual meetings, as appropriate
Join us if you have:
- 4+ years experience in a law firm environment or similar professional services industry; client management, operations management, and business development experience preferred
- Bachelors degree required
- Very strong project management skills
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and analytical and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work in a fast-paced environment in both team and independent settings
- Strong client service skills are required, including understanding and responding to a variety of inquiries and requests
- Deep knowledge of pro bono and relevant legal practice areas and/or industries a plus
- Experience presenting to groups and decision-makers
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with and guide decision-makers on strategic decisions
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously with high attention to detail
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills, including ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients, lawyers, staff, and firm leadership
- Proficiency with legal technology tools such as matter management, document automation, and/or document review software, or skills with similar tools from other industries that demonstrates an ability to learn and use new technology preferred
- High proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, Project, PowerPoint, and OneNote
Who We Are
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is an AmLaw 100 law firm with eight offices nationwide. We are relentlessly committed to client service and look for candidates who share that commitment. At DWT, client service means having empathy for each clients and each lawyers work and personal pressures, business objectives, and legal needs; anticipating their needs; and having the capabilities and commitment to deliver what matters most to them.Whats in it For You?
DWT offers competitive compensation in addition to ample benefits including but not limited to:
- Choice of health and vision insurance plans
- 2 paid volunteer days for qualifying community service work
- Dental plan
- Fertility and adoption benefit
- Paid sabbatical after 13 years of service
- Tuition reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Retirement contribution
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to feel and reach with hands and arms and frequently required to sit, stand, walk and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP believes that embracing diversity and inclusion brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities. We are committed to promoting a diverse workforce and inclusive environment where every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employees sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.