Parker Hannifin Vero Beach
Melbourne, FL, United States
Production Associates - 2nd Shift
Parker Hannifin has multiple openings for 2nd Shift Production Workers. This is a full-time career you can retire from! Must be willing to commute to Vero Beach, FL.
We offer outstanding benefits and pay:
• Starting pay of $16.27/hr–$18.36/hr depending on shift
• 2nd shift: 3pm–11pm
• Paid holidays
• Paid vacation
• Quarterly Bonus
• 401(k) / Parker Retirement Savings Plan
• Benefits offered on day 1 of employment
• Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
• Company-paid life insurance
• Wellness benefit up to $100/yr
• Safety shoe allowance up to $125/yr
• PPE provided (gloves, earplugs, safety glasses)
• Financial planning available at no cost
• and more!
Under the general supervision of the Floor Supervisor, the Production Team Members perform tasks to produce a high quality hose product. This position may also perform tasks to remove the completed hose from the mandrel or process cure tape material that has been removed from finished hose and prepare for use in the hose building process.
Key areas of responsibility include working safely, communication and interpersonal skills, quality, production tracking, following standardized work, and continuous improvement. You'll be responsible for following a set of procedures to ensure timely completion of product with the highest quality standards. Interacts with production and management personnel.
1. Safety / 5S - Follow safety rules and policies to maintain a clean, organized and safe environment
2. Communication - Read, interpret, and work from technical specifications and communicate technical information visually and verbally
3. Standardized Work – follow established practices for work processes
4. Quality – Follow ISO policies and procedures and perform quality checks during work process 5. Continuous Improvement - Participate on a High Performance Team by working to develop improvements and utilize problem solving activities; may also attend period LEAN meetings 6. Interpersonal – Work with a variety of people and interact positively with other associates and management
Qualifications & Skills
• High school diploma or GED
• Successfully pass a drug test and criminal background check
• Ability to work in a safety sensitive environment and follow safety procedures
• Good oral and written English communication skills and ability to follow standard work instructions
• Ability to wear personal protective equipment including safety glasses, hearing protection and safety shoes
• Basic computer skills Lift or move up to 35 lbs Ability to ride in and control a moving cart operated by foot controls
• Stand and/or walk 8 hours per day
• Ability to work in a fast paced, time sensitive environment
• High noise levels from operating machines and equipment
• Physical hazards from operating machines and moving reels
• Work in areas where safety equipment will be required (steel toe shoes, eye protection, hearing protection)
• Standing is required for extended periods of time. Walking, pushing, pulling, reaching, bending, turning, twisting, squatting, and lifting is performed regularly
• Requires a high degree of manual dexterity, which could be performed under restrictive conditions
Founded in 1917, Parker Hannifin Corporation is a $14.3 billion, global company. With annual sales of $14.3 billion in fiscal year 2019, Parker Hannifin is the world's leading diversified manufacturer of motion and control technologies and systems, providing precision-engineered solutions for a wide variety of mobile, industrial and aerospace markets. The company has operations in 50 countries around the world. Parker has increased its annual dividends paid to shareholders for 63 consecutive fiscal years, among the top five longest-running dividend-increase records in the S&P 500 index. Parker’s engineering expertise and broad range of core technologies uniquely positions the company to solve some of the world’s greatest engineering challenges. By partnering with customers, Parker improves their productivity and profitability and seeks new ways to solve humanity's biggest challenges.
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. U.S. Citizenship/Permanent Resident is required for most positions. (“Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/VEVRAA Federal Contractor”)
Apply with us today for immediate consideration! Please apply online and we will get with you at a suitable time.