Hourly Pay: $23.91 - $28.79 per hour
New Flyer is North America’s heavy-duty transit bus leader, providing sustainable mobility solutions through transit buses, technology, and infrastructure. New Flyer is a subsidiary of NFI Group, a leading independent bus and coach manufacturer and a leader in electric mass mobility solutions. Building on its 90+ year legacy of innovation, New Flyer is the only manufacturer offering all three types of zero-emission transit buses, with over 1,900 zero-emission buses delivered to date. Proudly serving all 25 of the largest transit agencies in North America, New Flyer actively supports over 35,000 heavy-duty transit buses currently operated by approximately 500 agencies.
POSITION SUMMARY: As a member of the welding team, this position will be responsible to operate welding machines and work with a variety of weld fixtures while adhering to the CWB welding procedures Your steady hand and attention to detail will be an asset to our organization where teamwork, safety and integrity are valued.
WHY JOIN US:
- Apart of a team leading the world’s electrification of mass mobility
- Competitive Wages
- Immediate Benefit Eligibility
- Paid holidays and vacation
- Passionate about creating a better product, a better workplace, and a better world
- Inclusive workplace culture that values and empowers team members
- On-the-job training in a continuous learning environment (we’ve invested 8.6M in 2022)
- Advancement opportunities within our family of companies
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Weld using various material and techniques (MIG required and TIG would be an asset).
- Read and interpret welding blueprints and/or process sheets.
- Ability to interpret weld symbols.
- Inspect and test welded joints to ensure quality and safety standards are met
- Ensure welding processes are compliant with quality and relevant health and safety regulations
- Support continuous improvement efforts to enhance the quality, efficiency, and sustainability of the welding process
- Complete tasks while ensuring performance targets and quality are met.
- Work effectively in a team environment
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
- Two to three years' welding experience in a heavy manufacturing environment.
- Ability to weld MIG and TIG
- Ability to obtain CWB certification within 90 day of employment
- Previous experience with 5S and lean manufacturing would be considered an asset.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to achieve precise measurements
- Able to perform required duties with minimal supervision.
- Commitment to maintaining a safe and healthy working environment
- Must be available to work 4:00 PM to 2:30 AM Monday through Friday.
NFI Group | We Move People - YouTube
New Flyer is an EEO/AA/Female/Minority/Disabled/Vets Employer. Accommodations are available at all stages of the recruitment process, at the candidates’ request.
NFI Group is a leading independent global bus manufacturer providing a comprehensive suite of mass transportation solutions.