Davis Wright Tremaine
Professional Development Data Analyst
Data Analytics + Talent Management
As a member of the firm-wide Professional Development (PD) Department, the PD Data Analyst will maintain highly confidential data, including performance management and evaluation information, while ensuring data integrity and information security. In addition, this position will be responsible for gathering data points for various systems, analyzing the data, and designing clear, concise reports that tell stories in a usable, visually stimulating format for various audiences.
If you are proactive, data-savvy, and can navigate in a high-stakes professional environment, we want to talk to you.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion. DWT fosters inclusiveness and authenticity. Regardless of position, everyone here has a voice and the support is unparalleled.
On a typical day you will:
- Work closely with our PD Manager to facilitate and maintain year-end and mid-year evaluation process for attorneys leveraging performance management system, viGlobals viEval
- Be the subject area expert of our performance management system and processes, viGlobals viEval, and administer firms rollout of new performance management software, viRealTimeFeedback
- Ensure a high level of data integrity; audit and update viGlobal and other firm programs to ensure accurate data and other information related to attorney performance management
- Produce and present ad hoc, monthly and quarterly reports to support leadership reporting needs
- Use analyzed metrics to produce meaningful reports that tell a story
- Create visually understandable presentations to support analysis, identify trends and provide insight
- Communicate key highlights from the data to stakeholders-leader
- Support and Collaborate with key firm stakeholders such as the Attorney Evaluation Committee (AEC), Director of Professional Development, Director of Human Resources, and the Director of Finance to assist with attorney evaluation and associate compensation programs
- Work with the Director of Professional Development & Training to support and administer annual partnership admission process and bi-annual counsel elevation process with firm leadership and other administrative departments
- Collaborate with Human Resources and other administrative departments to process adjustments to attorney billable hours, PG/office transfers, etc. Conduct periodic audits to ensure accurate flow of information
Join us if you can:
- Guarantee data integrity you will manage and report high-stakes, confidential information regarding retention, performance management, and compensation
- Tell concise stories through data visualization tool such as PowerBi or Tableau and create easy to understand dashboards and presentations to top stakeholders
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel (conditional formulas, pivot tables, formatting, charting, etc.) and PowerPoint. Experience with performance management software, ideally ViGlobal, preferred
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment in both team and independent stories
- Work closely with our PD Manager to execute on strategic goals for the team even if it strays from your usual day-to-day job duties
- Communicate with lawyers and staff this requires expert written and verbal communication skills
- Provide strong client-service skills, including understanding and responding to a variety of inquiries and requests
3+ years of experience in data analytics and reporting in Talent Management, Professional Development, or HR environment is helpful, but we are open to candidates from non-traditional backgrounds who have transferrable skills to succeed. Previous experience in a law firm or professional services organization, supporting a multi-office environment is a big plus!Who We Are
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is an AmLaw 100 law firm with eight offices nationwide. We are relentlessly committed to client service and look for candidates who share that commitment. At DWT, client service means having empathy for each clients and each lawyers work and personal pressures, business objectives, and legal needs; anticipating their needs; and having the capabilities and commitment to deliver what matters most to them.Whats in it For You?
DWT offers competitive compensation in addition to ample benefits including but not limited to:
- Choice of health and vision insurance plans
- 2 paid volunteer days for qualifying community service work
- Dental plan
- Fertility and adoption benefit
- Paid sabbatical after 13 years of service
- Tuition reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Retirement contribution
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to feel and reach with hands and arms and frequently required to sit, stand, walk and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP believes that embracing diversity and inclusion brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities. We are committed to promoting a diverse workforce and inclusive environment where every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employees sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.