Davis Wright Tremaine
Professional Development Manager
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is seeking a Professional Development Manager to join our team in Seattle.
As a member of the firm-wide Professional Development Department, this position is responsible for managing several main initiatives within attorney performance management, career development and retention framework.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion. DWT fosters inclusiveness and authenticity. Regardless of position, everyone here has a voice and the support is unparalleled.
Responsibilities: Performance Management
- Collaborate with Director of Professional Development to assess needs, update attorney evaluation programs and continue to develop future of innovative feedback systems
- Oversee and manage the year-end attorney evaluation process for all associates and counsel, staff attorneys, paralegals and patent agents using viEval/viWave
- Oversee and manage the year-end midyear evaluation process for recent laterals
- Oversee and manage the viRealTimeFeedback rollout and process for DWT associates and counsel
- Support Attorney Evaluation Committee (AEC) at the guidance of Director of Professional Development, AEC Chair, AEC Vice Chair and attorney practice group and office representatives
Mentoring and Talent Management
- Collaborate with Director of Professional Development to assess needs, update updates to mentoring programs and continue to refine Path-to-Partnership initiative with firm leadership
- Oversee and facilitate use of viIntegrate across firm departments for firm laterals
- Oversee and manage the attorney peer liaison program for recent laterals
- Oversee and manage the attorney partner mentoring program for associates and counsel
- Oversee and manage the attorney parental transition program in collaboration with Human Resources
- Collaborate with DEI on any attorney mentoring programs within DEI affinity groups
- Collaborate with Director of Professional Development & Training, DEI, and Firm Leadership to manage DWTs Path-to-Partnership initiative
- Collaborate with Attorney Training Manager and Staff Training Manager on firm wide initiatives
- Work with the Director of Professional Development & Training while collaborating with Talent Acquisition, Human Resources, DEI, and Practice Management to facilitate attorney lateral integration
- Collaborate with Practice Management and firm leadership to review and update Practice Group Guidelines (benchmarks) and Performance Expectation (Competencies);
- Collaborate with DEI and Practice Management to design tools and programs for more equitable and developmental staffing; identify learning opportunities and collaborate with Attorney Training & Development to recommend augmented legal skills and industry training; coach on innovative delivery approaches to maximize learning
- 3+ years of experience in professional services talent management or similar area strongly preferred. Previous experience in a law firm or professional services organization, supporting a multi-office environment, preferred
- Demonstrated experience with retention, performance management and development initiatives preferred
- Demonstrated experience utilizing recruiting and professional development software; viDesktop strongly preferred
- BA or BS degree preferred
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and professionally with lawyers and staff, both in written and verbal communications
- Attention to detail, analysis and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work in a face-paced environment and in both team and independent settings
- Strong client service skills required, including understanding and responding to a variety of inquiries and requests, required
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines required
- High degree of sensitivity to confidential matters required
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Access required; knowledge of all MS Office products strongly preferred
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is an AmLaw 100 law firm with eight offices nationwide. We are relentlessly committed to client service and look for candidates who share that commitment. At DWT, client service means having empathy for each clients and each lawyers work and personal pressures, business objectives, and legal needs; anticipating their needs; and having the capabilities and commitment to deliver what matters most to them.Whats in it For You?
DWT offers competitive compensation in addition to ample benefits including but not limited to:
- Choice of health and vision insurance plans
- 2 paid volunteer days for qualifying community service work
- Dental plan
- Fertility and adoption benefit
- Paid sabbatical after 13 years of service
- Tuition reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Retirement contribution
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to feel and reach with hands and arms and frequently required to sit, stand, walk and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP believes that embracing diversity and inclusion brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities. We are committed to promoting a diverse workforce and inclusive environment where every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employees sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.