Arizona State University
PROGRAM COORDINATOR SR, E+I@850PBC
Program Coordinator Sr, E+I@850PBC
Arizona State University
Entrepreneurship + Innovation
The J. Orin Edson Entrepreneurship + Innovation Institute (Edson E+I) Place-based Innovation Spaces (PBIS) are sites throughout the ASU community providing additional support, accessibility, and connectivity among entrepreneurs and aspiring entrepreneurs. Each space has a unique audience providing a collaborative workspace, event space, and, in some cases, a makerspace to support ideation, creation, and various programming.
All of the Edson E+I Place-based Innovation Spaces are for use by ASU students, faculty, staff, alumni and the greater community in support of their entrepreneurial endeavors.
Located in Downtown Phoenix, AZ, E+I@850PBC is a 4,500 square foot co-working, events, and exhibitions space on the ground-level which is part of the 5-story, 250,000 square foot Wexford Biomedical Building which is part of the Phoenix Biomedical Campus, a public-private partnership with developer Wexford and the Arizona Board of Regents, Arizona State University, Northern Arizona University, University of Arizona, and the City of Phoenix. E+I@850PBC also houses the HEALab, a collaboration between Edson E+I, the Edson College of Nursing and Health Innovation and the College of Health Solutions.
This position will report directly to the Edson E+I Director of Operations and work closely with the Knowledge Enterprise Facilities team to provide additional building operations support. The Program Coordinator Sr, E+I@850PBC will:
· Ensure a welcoming and inclusive environment where all PBIS community members (workspace users, event space users, and event attendees) have a high-quality experience.
· Collaborate across the PBIS Network to support facility operations and programming at E+I@850PBC (Downtown Phoenix, AZ).
This position may be supported in whole or in part by grants or philanthropic funding and may be contingent on the availability of funding.
$42,552-$45,000 per year; DOE
· Serve as the on-site point person to ensure the site is properly maintained through ASU facilities, informational technology services, and external contractors, and schedule additional services, as necessary, within set scope and budget.
· Serve as the primary point of contact for collaborative workspace users, event hosts, ASU faculty, staff, and students, performing customer service functions including but not limited to: responding to in-person and email inquiries, filtering phone calls, and prioritizing incoming issues to determine appropriate course of action or referral.
· Manage space use reservations and coordinates requests for classes, workshops, meetings or conferences that are in person, virtual and hybrid; coordinates scheduling, logistics, and develops communication, as needed.
· Develop and maintain work and event space onboarding system and checklist.
· Ensure that site access is appropriately assigned and distributed including keys, and ISAAC access cards.
· Support technology service tickets and suggest technology investments, as needed.
· Support inventory management, procurement requests, and budget coordination.
· Regular use and maintenance of reservation software to maintain use agreements, reservations, invoicing, payments, and preparation of monthly space and facility use reports.
· Support the onboarding and training of new reservation software users.
· Help maintain and communicate ASU safety protocol procedures and updates, as required.
· Disseminate space announcements including upcoming events, ASU observed holidays, and facility matters that pertain to general use of the space.
· Support the development and maintenance of Standard Operating Procedures ensuring interoperability across the PBIS network.
· Collaborate with Edson E+I leadership and program teams to support the development and implementation of effective entrepreneurial programming.
· Coordinate training, workshops, schedules, and program implementation.
· Coordinate high-impact community contact and communication through a variety of strategies.
· Coordinate efforts to develop relationships with members, community, sponsors, and stakeholders.
· Coordinate efforts to outreach into the community including youth activities, programming, and events.
· Assist in the development and facilitation of workshops, meetings, or conferences; coordinates logistics, scheduling, and participant communications.
· Coordinate recruitment and retention of program participants, members, and volunteers utilizing most appropriate promotional or marketing methods, such as individual letters, brochures, or presentations at meetings and conferences.
· Serves as a liaison with students, faculty, staff, and outside/community agencies in facilitating program objectives.
· Develop and maintain event checklist and guides.
· Coordinate efforts to develop relationships with users, community, sponsors and stakeholders.
· Coordinate opportunities for sponsorships including programmatic, events and space.
· Utilize data to coordinate programming and activities.
· Support other ASU or community initiatives that align with the goals and mission of Edson E+I.
· Represent Edson E+I by presenting to or serving on various unit, university, or partner committees as requested.
· Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications Bachelor's degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment AND four years administrative/coordinate program experience; OR, Master's degree in field appropriate to area of assignment AND two years administrative/coordinate program experience; OR, Eight years of progressively responsible administrative/coordinate program experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved. Desired Qualifications · Experience in customer service/customer facing role. · Experience in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with peers, community members, and stakeholders. · Evidence of effective communication skills. · Experience in workspace or facilities management. · Experience in analyzing issues, making sound decisions, and practicing resourcefulness in solving problems. · Experience in work that requires attention to detail. · Experience planning, managing, and organizing events. · Experience organizing projects and establishing priorities. Working Environment · Work duties are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting. · Onsite work is required daily. · Activities include regular use of office equipment including a computer and are subject to extended periods of sitting or lifting of up to 30 pounds. · Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities, which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts. · This position may require a flexible working schedule (including evenings/weekends) in order to accommodate projects and initiatives. · Some domestic travel to various Edson E+I PBIS sites may be required. · Requires the ability to communicate effectively Department Statement For the fifth year in a row, ASU has been named the most innovative school in the nation, recognizing the university's culture of groundbreaking research and partnerships, as well as its commitment to helping students thrive in college and beyond. U.S. News and World Report has named ASU as the most innovative university all five years the category has existed. ASU Knowledge Enterprise advances research, innovation, strategic partnerships, entrepreneurship, and international development. Our success arises from solutions-focused, interdisciplinary research; an entrepreneurial approach that is embedded in every school and department; and a commitment to transform society in a positive way. http://research.asu.edu/ For the sixth year in a row, ASU has been named the most innovative university in the nation, recognizing the university's culture of groundbreaking research and partnerships, as well as its commitment to helping students thrive in college and beyond. U.S. News and World Report has named ASU as the most innovative university all six years the category has existed. ASU Knowledge Enterprise advances research, innovation, strategic partnerships, entrepreneurship, and international development. Our success arises from solutions-focused, interdisciplinary research; an entrepreneurial approach that is embedded in every school and department; and a commitment to transform society in a positive way. The J. Orin Edson Entrepreneurship + Innovation Institute supports connections and collaborations across ASU and its partner communities to make entrepreneurship accessible to everyone by providing material support and resources for entrepreneurship while advancing ASU’s national and international reputation as an entrepreneurial institution of higher education. Edson E+I is a dynamic and fast-paced working environment with a team of interdisciplinary colleagues supporting an extensive suite of programs that provide outreach, engagement, and training opportunities to promote an inclusive and diverse entrepreneurial ecosystem and economic growth. ASU Statement Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe. ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456. Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/relocation-services. ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Background Check Statement ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check. Instructions to Apply Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated. Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position. Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position. ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated. Only electronic applications are accepted for this position. IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience. To apply please go to www.asu.edu/asujobs/ see Req Id# 69670BR or go directly to: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/home/HomeWithPreLoad?partnerid=25620&siteid=5494&PageType=JobDetails&jobid=4304639