Allen Park, MI
Project Engineer - Exterior Lighting
Flex-N-Gate is looking to move an experienced Project Engineer to Allen Park, MI. Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 13th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in Automotive News. A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position: Provide product design direction and release of new and current model exterior lighting products.
- Provide leadership over engineering functions related to assigned new model programs, including design, optic, electrical, thermal, and validation
- Lead development of DFMEAs for assigned new model programs.
- Lead development of DVP&Rs. Review and approve test reports, maintaining DVP&Rs, while providing necessary documentation to customers.
- Lead technical discussions with the customers.
- Support Product Development Team (internal and external) meetings
- Lead BOM development and Engineering Changes.
- Maintain engineering open issues lists, and drive and document closure of all items
- Support Program Managers in development and maintenance of program timelines and budgets.
- Review, understand, and communicate as needed to the internal team, all customer and legal specifications
- Support Flex-N-Gate manufacturing and quality in all pre-production build events
- Represent Flex-N-Gate at customer manufacturing sites, as needed, during pre-production, launch, and post-launch events
- B.S. in Engineering
- 3-5 automotive exterior lighting preferred
- Solid understanding of manufacturing, engineering and product engineering disciplines and processes.
- Ability to drive cross-functional teams through development phase to closure.
- Strong verbal/written communication and presentation skills
- Working knowledge of electronics
- Practical working experience of LED technologies.
- Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
- Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
- Paid holidays and vacation time