Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in Automotive News. A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Lead the design, product development and launch activities for automotive steel bumpers as well as metal stampings and assemblies. The individual will be an integral part of the engineering program management team that leads projects from initial design concept through development and launch. The Project Engineer will work under the guidance of the Operations Manager/ Engineer and General Manager.
- Serve as primary point of contact to customer and internally for product development and program management activities.
- Collobrate directly with customer engineering groups to establish design requirements, timing plans, validation plans and product specifications.
- Maintain bill of materials, timing plans, program budgets, DVP&R, APQP, and quality documents.
- Ability to understand customer requirements and translate those requirements into product design
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Solve technical problems using sound engineering principles, creativity, and product design verification techniques.
- Capacity planning
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering recommended.
- 2-5 years minimum experience in an engineering field.
- Experience with part design, product development, tooling, validation and launch of of complex metal stampings and assemblies.
- Desired experience in high strength and ultra-high strength steels, dual phase products, stamping, roll forming, hydroforming, welding, assembly and finishing.
- Demonstrated problem solving ability.
- Hands-on Engineering skills.
- Knowledge of engineering principles and their application in solving multifaceted design problems.
- Familiarity with analysis tools and methods to solve technical problems
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams, and work jointly with customers and suppliers.
- Ability to understand customer needs and translate these into product requirements.
- Able to work independently and demonstrates inherent desire to learn and improve.
- Evaluate and apply design tradeoffs and constraints for design optimization
- Launch experience in metal stamping and welding/assembly of automotive body structures
- Experience with OEM product development and launch processes
- Understanding of GD&T
- Understanding of APQP
Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.
Lots of growth opportunity.
The companys young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.
Not just a joba great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.