Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
The Project Lead is responsible for managing the Contact Tracer Navigators who will be providing social services linkages to Chicanos Por La Causa programs and other Community/nonprofit agencies that are located near a clients address. Navigator responsibilities include providing expanded community support, which include referrals to the Supplemental Nutrition Program (SNAP), utility assistance, behavioral health, food boxes, hot meals, and more.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Minimum 2 years-experience in workforce case management managing client caseload; assessing intake competencies, work history, educational attainment, skills, and abilities; identifying employment challenges; providing counseling and mentoring; and creating Individual Employment Plans (IEPs) for access to training, education, and employment services.
- Minimum 3-years of management experience aligning organizational objectives to organizational goals; motivating teams to develop talent, achieve operational goals, and to exceed customer expectations; as well as experience with managing financial operations in payroll, maintaining business reports and tracking/maintaining needed information to document employee's progress.
- Ensure staff are able to work with families in crisis and be able to offer supportive services in a calm, empathetic, and supportive manner.
- Able to work a 40-hour a week schedule per program needs/requirements.
- Must be able to pass basic a background screening prior to start.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work as a team leader, as well as independently.
- Ability to handle escalated or unresolved calls from less experienced staff.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND COMPETENCIES
Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing. Able to work in an active environment with clientele that require special attention.
This job description is subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
Reports to and is supervised directly by the Deputy Director of Workforce Solutions. Employee is accountable for understanding and complying with CPLC policies and procedures.