Arizona State University
Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
PROJECT MANAGER, REALM 4
Project Manager, Realm 4
Arizona State University
EdPlus Dean's Office Admin
EdPlus is currently seeking a highly-motivated and energetic Project Manager to join our team. This position is being posted to support Realm 4: Education through Exploration work at ASU, with focused priority on Dreamscape Learn. This role works closely and collaboratively with stakeholders to plan, direct, organize, and execute against project requirements; identifies and acquires necessary resources and coordinates efforts by all parties to ensure timely delivery of project outcomes in accordance with sponsoring source's expectations.
EdPlus is a unit of the ASU Enterprise focused on the design and scalable delivery of digital teaching and learning models to increase student success and reduce barriers to achievement in higher education. We advance the economic, social, cultural, and overall health of the local, national and international communities served by ASU.
EdPlus at ASU
ASU offers a total compensation package that includes valuable employee benefits. Click here to explore options.
· Financial Security
· Family Resources
· Tuition Reduction (Eligible ASU Employee, their dependents and spouse.)
$65,000 - $85,000 per year; DOE
· Plans, develops, implements, and manages a project team through complete task definitions and work requirement identification and assignments.
· Works closely and collaboratively with key stakeholders to define project scope, strategy, budget, and outcomes; identifies critical resource expertise and targets appropriate internal and/or external sources to ensure optimal outcomes.
· Establishes and continually monitors/manages project expectations with team; assigns tasks and identifies issues for resolution to ensure optimal team effectiveness.
· Prepares and maintains all project status reports and schedules; tracks milestones/deliverables, critical paths and dependencies; re-sets expectations as needed in consideration of project progress/outcomes.
· Responds to all inquiries regarding project status; prepares and responds to all regulatory reporting/filings to ensure compliance.
· Manages, coaches, and supervises all project team members both internal and contracted to ensure optimal outcomes; builds, develops, and maintains relationships vital to project success.
· Works collaboratively with stakeholders, leadership, and other related staff to define and identify all required project infrastructure including, but not limited to: space, build/reconfiguration of facilities, equipment, technology and infrastructure to ensure timely availability for successful launch and ongoing project operations.
· Prepares all post-project reports, budget allocations and summaries/filings to ensure timely dissemination of information to all interested parties.
· May represent the university in the expansion of Realm 4 Education through Exploration.
· Provides cross-departmental coordination to ensure success of the unit’s projects and initiatives.
· Plans activities and deliverables for education through exploration initiatives.
· Assumes or coordinates other duties or projects as assigned or directed.
Bachelor's degree and 5 years related experience; 1 of which are in project management, or any equivalent combination of experience and /or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
· Evidence of a bachelor's degree or higher in a related field.
· Experience developing strategies and technical specifications for projects.
· Ability to manage complex technology projects.
· Ability to clarify roles and responsibilities to ensure understanding of expectations.
· Ability to take action to mitigate conflict.
· Knowledge of Higher Education infrastructure and operations.
· Experience working with external stakeholders on university initiatives.
· Experience with JIRA.
· Demonstrated knowledge of VR Production and Technologies.
· Experience managing complex partnerships in a large University.
· Demonstrated knowledge of data, data usage, and data analytics.
· Experience in using work ethic, critical thinking, time management, and attention to detail skills
EdPlus at ASU is located at SkySong, the ASU Scottsdale Innovation Center. The center houses a diverse business community that links technology, research, education, and entrepreneurship to position ASU and Greater Phoenix as global leaders in the knowledge economy.
Activities are primarily performed in a regular, climate-controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting or standing. Daily use of desktop or laptop computer is required. Ability to clearly communicate verbally in English, read, write, see, and hear to perform essential duties. Regular review of completed tasks.
EdPlus at ASU supports flexible work options, ranging from alternate work schedules to hybrid remote work schedules, subject to approvals per ASU policy.
EdPlus defines itself through a culture of curiosity, risk-taking and refusing to accept the status quo. As a central enterprise unit for ASU focused on the design and scalable delivery of digital teaching and learning models to increase student success and reduce barriers to achievement in higher education, our commitments support the university charter. ASU is a national service university and aspires to accelerate positive social outcomes through the seamless integration of cutting-edge technological innovation and scalability.
EdPlus employees are valued, respected, and encouraged to be their unique selves. We are committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging in everything we do. We know that our ability to deliver high-quality services and educational experiences is strengthened by the diversity of our employees. Our innovative culture drives outcomes through serving learners, achieving milestones, striving for excellence, solving problems, feeling a sense of urgency, and being bold.
EdPlus at ASU
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU PD at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/az-resources.
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume and cover letter should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
Applicant must be eligible to work in the United States; EdPlus at ASU will not be a sponsor for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience.
To view full description or to apply please click this link: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/Home/Home?partnerid=25620&siteid=5494#jobDetails=4766751_5494