Project Manager (Remote)
WHAT IS WHYHOTEL?
WhyHotel is a venture-capital backed DC-based startup that operates both residential and hospitality assets, as well as "turn-key, pop-up hotels" in newly built, vacant luxury apartments during their lease-up phase. Blurring the line between hospitality and home, our model offers stays of all lengths and types, both furnished and unfurnished, and provides everything from a fully serviced apartment-home experience to the value and space of a home-share with the consistency and service of a luxury hotel.
Thanks to WhyHotel, real estate developers have a new way to leverage vacant units during lease-up vacancy, and you have a new way to travel! As part of the WhyHotel family, all employees receive competitive compensation and benefits- including an equity stake in the company.
As Project Manager on our Go-Live + Wind-Down team, you will lead the opening and closing of both our Pop-Up Hotels and Hospitality Living buildings. You will apply your strong project management and leadership skills to deliver projects on-time, within budget, and with high customer satisfaction. You will work closely with key stakeholders to manage the complete lifecycle of each project. In short, you will act as the WhyHotel quarterback setting and communicating plays for the team, while ensuring they have what they need to successfully execute.
- Organize, lead and track project-related meetings and details, including but not limited to budgets and installation progress.
- Manage and own company-wide project management tool (Basecamp) for all projects and all team members.
- Maintain communication and relationship with key external stakeholders.
- Facilitate decision-making pertaining to project milestones.
- Act as a primary point of contact both internally and externally for each project.
- Provide strategic and tactical thought partnership to effectively drive project delivery.
- Drive projects based on defined priorities, ensuring the scope of deliverables, timelines and budget are met; identify risks and issues and mitigate.
- Leverage problem solving skills to ensure project plans deliver on intent and maintain key project documentation.
- Demonstrate outstanding communication and partnership skills which are essential for interacting and communicating with key stakeholders across all levels to manage, inform, and influence outcomes.
- Efficiently plan and prioritize all deliverables and resources across multiple projects.
- Consistently manage leadership expectations, schedules, budgets, assets and scopes.
- You have a Bachelors Degree.
- You have 3-5 years of experience leading projects either in a formal project manager role or comparable position.
- You have experience managing people to come to a joint decision, adhering to budgets and deadlines, and have a track record of achieving maximum productivity with minimal waste.
- You are a hands-on leader who supports your team and takes an active role in growing and developing them.
- You demonstrate organizational agility and can adapt quickly to changing demands.
- You display strong consulting and collaboration skills.
- You are highly organized with strong attention to detail; you enjoy managing deadlines, tasks and holding others accountable.
- You lead by example and embody the core values of WhyHotel.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.