Southwest Behavioral and Health Services is seeking a dedicated and professional Property Management Specialist who can help us fulfill our mission. Delivering compassionate care to enhance lives and improve communities. We are seeking someone who enjoys coordinating with people, ability to solve problems, organized and excellent communication skills. Does this describe you? If so, you may be the person we are looking for to join our dynamic Purchasing Facilities team!
Job Preview at a Glance:
Under general supervision this position accurately and consistently, receives, reviews, enters, and tracks the completion of work orders using an MMS (maintenance management system). Routinely will contact property managers, maintenance staff & vendors to request work to be performed at residential and business locations. Obtains quotes and agreements for monthly/yearly services from established and new service providers. Generates accurate reports and completes other job duties as assigned. The Property management specialist will perform multiple duties that support the departmental goals of sound fiscal and operational practices. While a primary supervisor is assigned, the position requires the ability to work and receive direction from multiple supervisors, coordinate across departments, work with outside agencies, and vendors. The ability to prioritize, problem solve, organize, and communicate is essential along with the ability to successfully work with various persons and frequently changing demands. Work is high paced, and is both physically and mentally challenging on a daily basis. This position may include working with special needs and behavioral health tenants. This position reports to a Purchasing & Facilities Manager.
Location & Schedule:
This position is a Monday through Friday with a rotating on call for emergencies. This position reports to the Administration Building off of 3rd St and Osborne Rd and requires to travel to various location within a broad territory.
Pay: $25.00 hourly
- Under minimal supervision, accurately and consistently, receives, reviews, enters, and tracks the completion of work orders using a MMS (maintenance management system).
- Coordinates work order emergencies as needed, including communications and follow up.
- Routinely will contact community property managers and vendors to request work to be performed at residential and business locations.
- Monitors vendor cost and vendor bills to insure SBH is receiving both quality work and the best value.
- Meets with potential residents and their clinical team to show properties.
- Assists Facilities Manager to resolves resident issues/complaints in collaboration with internal departments within SBH.
- Investigates and resolves property complaints and violations.
- Serves as the point of contact for rent collections, and assists in resolving payment issues through providing direction to both residents and program staff.
- Advises Facilities manager of notices that need to be prepared and sent to tenant and HAP provider.
- Serves notices and other written communications to tenants as needed, including hand delivery and preparing certified return receipts for mailings.
- Completes move in/move out inspections and oversees preparation of units for lease.
- Serves as a maintenance contact for residents, submits work orders and coordinates repairs with facilities.
- Lease preparation, drafting notices and amendments, and submitting eviction requests to legal counsel as needed.
- Facilitate Abandonment process when needed; including notices and inventory of property.
- Perform quarterly property inspections for CLP properties, enter work orders as needed, follow up on completion.
- Serve as point of contact for HOM Inc when Facilities Manager is unavailable.
- To ensure compliance & adequate services, additional job duties and training may be required to meet the needs of the program and or department.
Understands Arizona Landlord and Tenant Act and its application to residents and units. Ability to work independently and as a team, set priorities, and manage multiple issues. Must be highly proficient in computer skills and modern electronic communication technologies. Possesses sensitivity to ethnic and cultural issues of the community served. Must be able to effectively communicate verbally and in writing to residents and associated professionals.
- An Associates Degree Program in Social/Behavioral Sciences/Public Programs or related field, or two years relevant job experience.
- Fingerprint clearance issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety or be eligible to receive within eight (8) weeks of hire (as required per program requirements)
- Required to maintain a valid Arizona drivers license and pass motor vehicle screening for insurance purposes in order to conduct home and property visits encompassing a broad territory.
- A thorough working knowledge of programs, housing, strategies and procedures applicable to the target population.
- Experience with supported and/or low-income housing with vulnerable populations, preferred.
Southwest Behavioral and Health Services offer full time employees low-cost medical insurance and 100% company paid dental, short term disability, long term disability and life insurance for employees. 3.3 weeks of PTO your 1st year of employment, with increased accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service and 10 paid holidays. We will help you save for retirement 40% company match up to a 10% deferral into your SB&H retirement account. We help you with your higher education goals Reduce your tuition costs with our tuition reimbursement program & discount degree programs. Employee Assistance Program, Health & Wellness and much more!
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over one thousand employees, and 40 years experience.
To learn about Southwest Behavioral & Health Services mission, values and services please review our website at https://www.sbhservices.org/
- Mission: Delivering Compassionate Care to Enhance Lives and Improve Communities
- Values: Compassion, Integrity, Quality, Empowerment, Innovation and Trust
SB&H is a drug-free workplace, drug screening required. EOE
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.