Chula Vista, CA
Property Manager I
|Location:||Seniors on Broadway - Chula Vista, CA|
|FT/PT Status:||Regular Full Time|
|Salary Range||DOQ $32,000-$35,000|
Under general supervision, the Property Manager is responsible for managing and overseeing the day-to-day operations of MAAC managed properties to ensure units are leased and facilities and grounds are maintained and operated in an efficient and safe manner. The Property Manager performs a variety of duties involving the managing and care taking of MAAC managed residential sites, facilities and grounds; reviews rental applications, interviews applicants and runs credit checks; collects, sorts, posts and deposits rent receipts; conducts biannual unit inspections; enforces MAAC policies and lease compliance at residential sites; performs annual re-certifications and performs related duties as assigned. Duties and responsibilities are carried out with independence, within a framework of policies, guidelines, procedures and standards. The work of this position involves considerable contact with applicants, tenants, contractors, vendors and others, and incumbents are on 24-hour call.
Must live on-site. One bedroom apartment and utilities included.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to this class.
- Oversees and manages the day-to-day operations of MAAC managed properties; oversees the activities of property maintenance and office support staff; works with maintenance staff to ensure proper upkeep of property units, common areas and grounds; monitors property budget and tracks expenses; maintains wait lists and ensures maximum occupancy; conducts re-certifications, biannual inspections and move-out/move-in inspections of residential units; maintains tenant files and maintenance, compliant and rent/deposit logs; ensures property meets all requirements of local, state and federal regulatory agreements; delivers general and special notices to residents and posts official notices; conducts market surveys.
- Performs a wide variety of property manager duties for an assigned residential site; shows vacant units to potential residents; accepts and reviews rental applications; runs credit checks and processes credit reports; verifies employment and checks references; interviews and approves applicants; conducts new resident orientations; collects rents, posts into computerized system, and makes bank deposits; contacts tenants to collect overdue rent; serves notices to tenants regarding past-due rent and issues non-payment of rent notices; serves eviction notices.
- Enforces MAAC policies and rules at residential sites to ensure resident safety and peaceful occupancy; ensures tenant and visitor compliance with property policies and rules; ensures resident compliance with lease provisions; follows up on and reports lease violations and collections issues to the appropriate staff; receives security reports and determines appropriate action; investigates unusual or suspicious occurrences; receives and resolves tenant complaints.
- Responds to tenant maintenance requests and inspects residential units to identify needed maintenance and repairs; schedules work orders; regularly patrols residential sites and related facilities to observe safety, security or maintenance problems; takes action to resolve any irregularities or maintenance issues. Coordinates the work of contractors and vendors; schedules vendor services to prepare units for new residents; monitors vendor activities to ensure effectiveness; reviews and submits vendor invoices for payment.
- Maintains a variety of standard office and specialized records and files; prepares a variety of computerized logs and files; summarizes information and prepares required reports.
- Coordinates with Community Development staff for various resident activities, after school programs, resident meetings, and may participate in community building workshops and/or organizations to promote and advocate MAACs mission.
- Serves in an on-call capacity for emergency issue response.
- Resides on-site.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Regulations, policies and procedures for federal, state and local housing laws and regulations.
- Strong understanding of the Low Income Housing Tax Credit Program and other government housing programs.
- Basic knowledge for dispute resolution and mediation techniques applicable to areas of assigned responsibility.
- Strong customer service etiquette and techniques.
- Office practices and procedures, including record keeping.
- Computer applications related to the work such as Excel, Word, and others including property management software.
- Principles and practices of sound business communication.
- Organize work, set priorities and exercise sound judgment within areas of responsibility, consistent with applicable rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Understand, interpret, explain and apply regulations, policies and procedures governing the management and oversight of residential housing units.
- Organize and maintain residents and business files.
- Communicate clearly and effectively orally and in writing.
- Understand and follow written and oral instructions.
- Prepare clear, accurate and concise records and reports.
- Handle client interactions with courtesy, tact and sensitivity to the issues involved and defuse situations that become highly emotional and volatile.
- Deal effectively with a highly diverse client group.
- Operate computers and other standard office equipment.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with MAAC management, staff, residents, vendors, contractors and others encountered in the course of work.
- High school or G.E.D. equivalent.
- Two-four years of prior Property Management experience.
- Must reside onsite.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) required.
Must have a physical examination, TB and vaccination clearance as required by state and federal regulations and a drug screen by a doctor/clinic designated by MAAC prior to the first day of employment.
Union Membership ( if applicable):