Thrive Behavioral Sciences
Vero Beach, FL, United States
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner ARNP / APRN / PMHRN
Thrive Behavioral Sciences is now hiring Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioners.
**Must have a Psychology background.**
Compensation commensurates with experience and licensing specialization. Base + Bonus structure, with most ARNP earnings at $135,000 depending on personal performance.
Psych Certifications or (1) year psychotropic medication management experience.
We offer $1,500 towards CME annually!
We offer a very attractive compensation and benefits package that includes:
• Six (6) paid holidays off.
• Company-paid malpractice insurance.
• Company-sponsored CME.
• Participation in health insurance plan.
As a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner you will be responsible for the management and treatment of psychiatric patients. Treatment could include nurse practitioner evaluations, pharmacotherapy, and medication management with follow-up to maintain the stability of the patient. Your main focus will be geriatric patients, and you will deliver mobile care to patients/residents within the senior living community.
• Master's of Science in Nursing.
• Psychotropic medication management experience, and DEA.
• Must have Post-acute care experience.
• Must be currently licensed to practice as an Advanced Practice Nurse, APN.
• Preferred not Required Certification as a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner in the State of Florida.
• Valid Florida driver’s license.
• Valid and current D.E.A. certification.
• MSN-Psychiatric/Mental Health, Gerontological, Family or Adult Specialty, ANCC Certification.
• Provide psychiatric assessment/evaluations, and develop evaluation reports.
• Request any necessary laboratory studies on clients as determined by results of screening or assessment.
• Initiate Baker Act involuntary treatment documents and facilitate admission to an appropriate inpatient facility when indicated.
• Provide group therapy/medication management to clients taking psychiatric medications.
• Be available (accessible) for consultation by telephone with staff regarding psychiatric condition and treatment of clients.
• Discuss case with psychiatrist and other health professionals to prepare comprehensive client care plan.
• Submit health care plan and goals of individual clients for periodic review and evaluation by physician.
• Prescribe or recommend medications or other forms of treatment such as physical therapy, inhalation therapy, or related therapeutic procedures.
• Refer clients to physician for consultation or to specialized health resources for treatment.
• Ability to sit, stand, bend, lift, and move intermittently during work hours.
• Typical scheduling: Monday-Friday, 8am–6pm.
• As a mobile base practice, your travel is limited 15 miles per day.
Thrive provides mobile patient care for residential senior care facilities. We currently have a high demand to hire ARNP's in the Central-West Coast, across the greater Tampa Bay area of Sarasota, St. Pete, Clearwater, and Tampa. Thrive Behavioral Sciences is servicing patients across Central West Florida with service areas including: Bradenton, Sarasota, St. Petersburg, Clearwater, Tampa, Zephyrhills, Dade City, Plant City, Spring Hill, Palm Harbour, Orlando, Kissimmee, and we are continuing to expand across Florida!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.