This position directs, coordinates, and provides medical/clinical services to specified recipients within a specific clinic. This includes engagement, assessment, differential diagnosis, treatment planning, medication management, family meetings, supportive psychotherapy, patient education, and risk assessment, and discharge planning. Has a defined caseload, has productivity goals, and meets the psychiatric needs of any recipient assigned to their clinic. Participates in on-call rotation for the system. Participates in utilization management and quality improvement activities. Functions as the senior clinician on the team.
A complete job description is available upon request.
Education, Certification, and Experience Requirements
- Completion of an accredited nurse practitioner program required; must possess Psychiatric Mental Health Certification or be ANCC certified as a Psy-NP.
- Licensed by the State of Arizona; valid DEA certification
- At least one (1) year experience as a full-time psychiatric nurse practitioner with prescriptive authority following N.P. licensure or three (3) years experience as a full-time psychiatric registered nurse prior to N.P. licensure; will consider equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience.
- Must maintain current CPR, First Aid, and Therapeutic Options certifications (offered through Southwest Network).
- Must maintain a valid Arizona state fingerprint clearance card.
- Must maintain a valid Arizona driver's license and car insurance
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
Knowledge, Ability, and Skills
- Must have the ability to maintain excellent member and family relationships and provide excellent customer service.
- Thorough and working knowledge of psychiatric and co-occurring disorders is imperative.
- Requires effective written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to stay organized and have critical thinking, time management and problem solving skills are a must.
- Ability to utilize multiple types of office equipment (i.e. phones, copier, fax, etc.)
- Ability to type 25 to 40 WPM is preferred
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office software
- Must be able to utilize the internet and various web browsers
COMPENSATION and BENEFITS
- This position is offered at a fair, competitive salary.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Health Savings and Flex Spending account options
- Paid sick, vacation and holiday time (10 paid holidays per year!)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Retirement plan (403b) with company match
- Disability insurance
- Basic life insurance with the option to purchase supplemental insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discounts
When you consider everythingthe salary, the benefits, the ongoing training and support we offer, and the impact youll have on the lives of othersit could be the right opportunity for you.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon verification of education, employment, driving record and auto insurance, and completion of a criminal background check and drug testing.
Southwest Network is an equal opportunity employer.
ABOUT OUR CHILD & ADOLESCENT SERVICES DIVISION
In the treatment of children and adolescents, we are known for getting youth in quickly, treating even the most challenging cases, offering helpful parent and family support, and providing quality, compassionate care. Using the nationally recognized Child and Family Team process and with treatment tailored to each persons strengths, needs, and culture, youth can stay in the home, be productive in school, and have a hopeful future. Integrated health services address both behavioral and physical health issues, and special programs for teens and young adults help them realize their potential and become independent adults. We also collaborate with the Arizona Department of Child Safety to provide families involved in child welfare with comprehensive service plans which integrate all aspects of care and treatment. All members of the team practice in a manner that is consistently mindful of the 12 Principles of The Arizona Vision for Children.
ABOUT SOUTHWEST NETWORK
Southwest Network provides integrated behavioral and physical health services, caring for both the mind and body for whole health and wellness. We provide treatment programs for seriously mentally ill adults and children and adolescents with complex emotional and behavioral needs. We are committed to their recovery, and we work together to offer hope, support individual goals, encourage self-sufficiency, and change lives. We do whatever is needed for the individuals and families we serve.
We truly understand how important our employees are to those they care for, and how critical they are to our mission. As one of our employees, we will look after as many of your professional and personal needs as we can and make sure your work environment is productive, yet pleasant and informal. We are committed to offering you opportunities for personal and career growth, and we value and reward innovation, collaboration, dedication, and strength.