The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
PT Program Assistant
LOCATION: Herberger Center – Phoenix, AZ
STATUS: Part Time - ( Fri-Sat 9am-5:30pm)
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
Come be a part of a great organization dedicated to the service of others. The Salvation Army is seeking a Program Assistant who will conduct periodic inspections of the facility and grounds or CCTV monitoring to ensure the security of the facility. They will respond to intake queries, collect, record, and analyze documents and and referral sources, selecting candidates for waiting as appropriate. This position is responsible for coordinating and overseeing client living quarters, conducting inspections, overseeing cleanups and maintaining adequate furnishings. The PA will also provide special administrative support to the Shelter Client Services Manager and Lead Program Assistant that may include: client database management, interfacing with IT regarding computer or network issues and other special administration projects.
- HS Diploma or GED required
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
- College courses related to social services or social services experience preferred
- 1 year of related experience and/or training preferred
- Good organizational, interpersonal, communication and computer/typing skills required
- Proficiency in MS Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to write reports & to calculate basic figures and numbers
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram or schedule form
- Ability to handle crisis/emergency situations or services for the homeless situations and to utilize crisis intervention and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients and be able motivate program participants in achieving housing goals
- Must have the ability to maintain a non-judgmental attitude in working with clients
- Ability to exhibit professional and courteous communication at all times
- Able to work independently and show initiative
- Bilingual preferred (English/Spanish)
- Must be able to work various shifts/ weekends/ holidays
- An interpersonal style that is service oriented as well as anticipates and responds to the needs of client departments with a willingness to learn.
- An excellent attention to detail, procedures, processes and policies.
Qualified individuals must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation. A qualified person with a disability may request a modification or adjustment to the job or work environment in order to meet the physical requirements of the position. The Salvation Army will attempt to satisfy requests as long as the accommodation needed is reasonable and no undue hardship would result.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and reach with hands and arms on a continuous basis. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must have the ability to operate telephone, a desktop or laptop computer, as well as the ability to access and produce information from a computer, and to understand written information.