Fonda, NY, United States
Keymark is now interviewing Purchasing Associates to support our Supply Chain department. This is an hourly compensated role, depending on your experience and capabilities, the pay ranges between $41,600 - $45,760 per year. We are looking for applicants that have strong attention to detail, are organized, and are comfortable with the administrative work this position entails.
We invest in our employees with training and provide an opportunity for job and career growth!
After your introductory employment period, you will be eligible for the complete Benefits Package with company contribution to offset your cost is provided to full-time employees.
- 401K Savings Plan + up to 4% company match
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Free Life Insurance
- Supplemental Coverages
- Paid Vacations
- 6 Paid Holidays
- Sick Time
- 1 Floating Holiday
- Opportunity for Advancement into Management Roles
- Drug and Smoke-Free Work Environment
We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible with the right candidate that has the following attributes:
- Strong Work Ethic
- High Attention to Detail and Very Organized
- Problem Solver
- Sense of Urgency
- Interest in Career Growth within the Supply Chain Industry
This is an opportunity for you to experience working in supply chain management, from order processing and fulfillment to inventory management and logistics. Solid customer-minded service skills are critical because you will be working at a diverse organization across all levels of management and sales and customer service teams for all of our locations in New York and Florida.
As the Purchasing Associate for the Manufacturing Supply Chain Team, your responsibilities include:
- Process requisitions and create purchase orders daily for multiple departments, which includes verifying all quote details are correct such as pricing and making sure lead time matches requirements (or is acceptable to requestors), verifying shipping and tax for all orders
- Handle packaging material inventory replenishment for our New York location
- Responsible for constant and timely checking of emails for order acknowledgments and regularly review order status’ with requestors and department managers to let them know any price changes, lead time/delivery date changes, etc.
- Work with vendors regarding all orders and ensure the maintenance of strong supplier relationships
- Work closely with supervisors and managers to ensure strong internal customer relationships
- Assist Purchasing Assistant and/or interns with questions regarding orders, concepts, and processes
- Assist Purchasing Manager with research and sourcing of new and/or replacement items for requestors, i.e., get quotes to compare pricing, lead time, freight to benefit Keymark
- Work on cost savings projects with or under the advice of the Purchasing Manager
- Database maintenance as needed, i.e., department catalogs in Microsoft Access, PPE vending machine database on the vendor website, shared vendor master listing in Microsoft Outlook
Daily reporting via Excel:
- Open order status report to follow up with vendors as well as Receiving Department
- Order acknowledgment report to make sure all confirmations are filed and POs updated timely and accurately
- Daily purchase order report to Purchasing Manager
- Work closely with Receiving Department regarding all delivery questions, LTL small package shipments, and receipts
- Review invoices with Accounts Payable staff to ensure accurate and timely processing of invoices
To do this job successfully, you should have the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- 2+ years in a similar role
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, Access). The purchasing system is in Microsoft Dynamics (will train in Dynamics)
- Comfort level with researching on the internet
- Strong oral and written communication skills (phone, as well as email correspondence, is critical)
- Good organizational skills and excellent problem-solving abilities as you will need to be able to access data quickly, answer questions with ease and confidence, and problem solve and thoroughly think through resolution processes logically.
- Excellent customer service skills as you will be dealing with a diverse workplace with multiple levels of management and co-worker.
Click Apply to send us your contact information.
Keymark is a premier full-service aluminum extrusion company featuring in-house finishing capabilities, including anodizing, casting, extruding, extrusion die construction, painting, thermal barrier, thermal strut, and custom packaging. We manufacture custom and stock extrusions/profiles for the Automotive, Building & Construction (Curtain Wall, Commercial Windows, & Storefront), Consumer Durables, Distribution, Electrical, Machinery & Equipment, and Transportation markets. Our company has locations in Fonda, NY and Lakeland, FL, and has been in business since 1964.
Keymark is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.