Martin Marietta - Quivas
Colorado Springs, CO, United States
Martin Marietta is currently looking for qualified individuals to fill our openings in the QC Technician position at our facility in the Colorado Springs area.
To ensure that products are in compliance with all specifications required. Assists with the implementation of best practices and techniques in regards to quality and mix design optimization. The position assists all levels of the operation in establishing and achieving quality objectives while working closely with both operations and management.
- Ensure all aspects of his/her role are executed in a safe manner. Obeys safety guidelines when on construction sites and Martin Marietta operations.
- Establish the environment as a priority in daily activities and act as a steward to the environment. Demonstrate a commitment to meet or exceed environmental compliance.
- Ensure good customer relations. Must be able to communicate effectively with customers. Provides customer support in resolving quality concerns and problems in the field working with the QC Manager. Educates customers in proper construction techniques and application of products.
- Prepare and perform formulation tests that support the creation, development and improvement of new and existing standard, premium, performance and specialty mixes. Perform lab duties including preparing and running lab formulation trials, testing and data logging. Perform and document quality control tests in accordance with established local (City and State) and national standards. Conduct quality control tests without supervision and within the precision standards established by industry standards. Maintain a log book of all testing conducted at the lab, plant and on-site.
- Assist in the investigation and testing of new raw material sources and products. Ensure quality materials through the active testing of raw materials. Sample raw materials for validation at the lab and conduct mix adjustments (at the plant or in the field) using admixtures as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proficient in math, reading and writing skills.
- Must demonstrate excellent communication skills.
- Being mechanically inclined is very helpful.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to maintain composure in situations and act in a professional manner.
- Must be team oriented with ability to effectively manage conflict.
- Proficient with computers and technology.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 2-5 years related industry experience in aggregates, asphalt or construction materials
- Radiation Safety certification preferred. Related industry certifications preferred.
- Must have a valid drivers license with a clean driving record.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds repetitively.
- Ability to tolerate working outdoors in all environmental temperatures and weather.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and walk on uneven terrain.
- Ability to work various hours including Saturday and overtime.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Pension Plan
- Educational/Tuition Assistance Plan
- Employee Discount Program
- Adoption Assistance Program
- Life, AD&D and Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Programs
...and many more!
We are an EOE employer