Kansas City, MO, United States
Location Accessible By: KCATA Public Transportation
Aspen Products has an immediate opening for a QC Technician!
Part Time Available - Let us know on the Employment Application
Aspen Products, Inc. is a leader in the paper converting industry is looking to fill the position of clamp truck drivers conducting utility responsibilities. We are looking for motivated and reliable employees with excellent communication skills. All candidates should have a strong desire to learn and be prepared to work in a zero-tolerance drug-free work zone.
Previous production experience is not required but preferred!
Aspen Products, Inc. is a 24-hour 5 day per week manufacturing operation with various types of production equipment and systems. Applicants must be prepared for a fast-paced environment where machine uptime is extremely important. We are looking for goal-driven self- starters who can work with minimal supervision and think on their feet.
Core Skills and Qualifications:
• Demonstrate minimum proficiency with the English language to ensure effective new hire and ongoing communication about quality and safety issues
• At least 1 year of previous quality control experience
• Familiar with hand tools (i.e.: caliper, micrometer, thickness gauge), weight scales, and calculator.
• Must be able to use four basic arithmetic functions when working with quantities, using scales and gauges.
• Excellent verbal, written, typing and computer skills (especially Excel & Word)
• Must be able to utilize color vision when checking product design color match or color variation of production using Product Color Chart
• Experience working in a production environment is preferred
• Willingness to learn
Day to Day Role (this is a fast pace environment):
• Follow practices and processes intended to provide safe products that comply with and meet the company's quality standards and serve the needs of our customers. This includes a commitment to a process of continuous improvement.
• Inspect various production items for all defects during production
• Collect product samples and send them to the lab for finished product verification and validation
• Performs all various inspections (i.e: visual, net count, aesthetics, print design, label information, etc)
• Inspect paper roll specification and packaging to ensure it complies with customer spec and requirement; report incorrect (non-conforming) products and materials to the production manager, production superintendent and quality manager.
• Verify, match paper roll tag caliper (point) with the Print Quality Tag’s noted caliper; match paper roll design with the Work Order
• Notify the production line leader, operator, and shift supervisor of problems to make the adjustment to production machinery to eliminate specific defects
• Report quality problems to the production manager and/or coordinate with the shift supervisor
• Teach and coach new hire (as needed)
• Assure compliance with all safety, quality, and Good Manufacturing Practice requirements.
• Paid Holidays and health benefits available after 90 days
• One-week paid vacation and 401K after 1 year.
• Weekend overtime available
• Paid Lunch Break
• Promotion from within