Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is seeking a Quality Assurance Specialist to join our Quality Management Department. This position is primarily responsible for the internal auditing, training, and clinical quality assurance management as relates to the quality of clinical records and regulatory/fund source documentation requirements. You will perform clinical support for staff through training and attention to clinical documentation issues.
Schedule: Monday through Friday 8am to 5pm.
Pay rate: starts at $45,820 per year.
Your role with the company:
- Manage and schedule internal quality audits for all residential programs company-wide for quality and compliance with AHCCCS, ADHS, T/RBHA, Health Plans and other funding source documentation requirements.
- Initiate audit reports and distribute to Program Coordinator, Director and VP of the programs. Provide support to the audited site with development of corrective and preventative actions to address any significant non-compliance identified in the audits as needed.
- Performs collections, compilation, analysis and reporting of assigned quality metrics.
- Analyzes, tracks, and reports general trends in documentation as relevant to compliance issues and keeps ongoing records of outcome data.
- Prepares summary reports, recommendations, and presentations to Director of Program Monitoring, VP of Corporate Compliance and Risk Management and other committees as needed. Works with internal departments to correct QM issues.
- Work collaboratively with the Director of Program Monitoring to develop and/or review QM policies/procedures, audit tools/instructions and roll out to staff.
- Communicates changes in clinical record requirements to staff and supervisors.
- Communicate the on-going changes to Clinical Staff regarding the program, chart documentation, utilization review, referrals, admissions and discharges.
- Advises the staff of the quality and efficacy of the clinical records and whether records substantiate the level of care that is being provided and ways to improve the quality of the clinical record as a means of better substantiating services being provided at each level of care.
- Provides in-services to the staff as needed on documentation as it relates to internal and external regulatory and funding source rules and regulations.
Who are we looking for to join the company?
- Bachelors Degree in Behavioral Health or directly related field, plus 2 years of directly related experience required; or equivalent combination of education and direct experience.
- Prior working experience that lends to clinical quality management and sufficient experience in clinical records documentation requirements.
- Working Knowledge of AHCCCS billing, ADHS licensure, and T/RBHA clinical documentation and program requirements.
- 3.3 weeks of PTO your 1st year of employment, with increased accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service!
- 10 paid holidays
- Low-cost medical and vision insurance and 100% company paid dental, short term disability, long term disability and life insurance for employees
- We will help you save for retirement 40% company match up to a 10% deferral into your SB&H retirement account!
- Career Development Benefit from our culture of internal promotion!
- We help you with your higher education goals Reduce your tuition costs with our tuition reimbursement program & discount degree programs!
- Employee Assistance Program, Health & Wellness and much more!
We are seeking an individual to help us fulfill SB&Hs mission, Delivering compassionate care to enhance lives and improve communities. To gain a stronger understanding of Southwest Behavioral & Health Services mission, values and services please review our website, https://www.sbhservices.org/history-mission-milestones.