Grand Canyon Education
Quality Assurance Manager - Marketing Development
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is an educational service company that provides an array of support services in the post-secondary education sector. Formerly part of Grand Canyon University (GCU), GCE still supports and works closely with GCU. GCE designs and develops educational programs for GCU and other traditional campus institutions, as well as online partner institutions at the undergraduate, graduate and doctoral levels.
The Quality Assurance manager will directly manage a team of Quality Assurance Specialists and student workers who monitor quality of work through test execution and defect documentation. The position will be responsible for test design, procedure and execution for the purpose of minimizing defects on marketing websites and applications.
- Directly oversee team of Quality Assurance Specialists and student workers, ensure quality of work as it relates to test execution and documentation of defects sent back to the development team.
- Define and implement quality assurance practices and procedures for software projects within the marketing department with a focus on accessibility and industry best practice.
- Assist in the specification, implementation, and auditing of test automation used by the marketing development team.
- Promote innovation and application of emerging technology as it applies to improving quality and minimizing defects on marketing websites and applications.
- Assist in the definition and specification of requirements to ensure that work items are testable before development begins.
- Test plan management tools such as Azure Devops, Zephyr or Micro Focus ALM.
- Git SCM platforms such as Azure Devops, Atlassian Bitbucket, or Github.
- CI/CD platforms auch as Azure Devops, Circle CI, Jenkins or Github Actions.
- Accessibility evaluation tools such as Site Improve, AxE, WebAIM.
- Cross Browser Testing tools such as Browserstack, LambdaTest, or Sauce Labs.
- Screen Readers such as NVDA, JAWS, VoiceOver.
- Other assistive technologies such as screen magnification software, text readers, speech input software or alternative input devices.
- Bachelors degree in a related discipline (computer science, information technology, etc.) from a regionally accredited institution.
- Minimum of two years experience building and/or testing web applications.
- The following experience may be substituted for education requirements:
- Two years of work experience building and/or testing web applications with an unrelated bachelors degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Three years of work experience building and/or testing web applications with an associates degree from an accredited institution.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCEs staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizonas premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.