Martin Marietta - Arizona
Queen Creek, AZ, United States
Ready Mix Concrete Truck Driver Class B CDL
Martin Marietta has a need for qualified individuals with a valid Class B CDL Drivers License for the position of Ready Mix Concrete Truck Driver for our operations at our locations in Apache Junction, Florence and Sacaton.
Operate Ready Mix truck in a safe and efficient manner adhering to Department of Transportation (DOT) rules and regulations.
• Performs daily preventative maintenance, record and inspection on vehicles to include fueling, cleaning, tire/light inspection, checking and adding fluids as needed.
• Changes flat tires as needed.
• Uses water hoses to clean mixer between loads.
• Performs pre-trip and post-trip inspections.
• Assist maintenance with repairs as needed.
• Visually inspect the consistency of concrete in mixer.
• Communicates and directs coworkers verbally either directly, through two-way radio or hand signals.
• Provides appropriate documentation on delivery tickets.
• Ensures all delivery tickets are signed and returned.
• Exercise good judgment regarding work site access, unloading and operation to and from work site.
• Maintain good customer relations. Act in a professional, courteous manner.
• Maintain a professional appearance.
• Assists in training of co-workers as needed.
• Demonstrate good knowledge of lock out/tag out procedures.
• Demonstrate a good working knowledge of Rules and Regulations and assures facility compliance with OSHA, DOT, EPA and other regulatory agencies.
• Required to follow all safety policies and procedures.
• Performs other duties as required.
Minimum Education and Experience
• Possess a Class B Commercial Drivers’ License (CDL), or better. One-year experience operating diesel tandem trucks and/or Ready Mix truck driving experience preferred
• Possess a safe driving record
• Maintain an active DOT qualification
• Read, write and communicate in English
• Ability to perform well in a “TEAM” environment
• Ability to climb stairs, climb ladders, reach, squat, tolerate prolonged standing/walking, balance, bend from trunk, crawl, kneel, push and pull objects.
• Demonstrate neck range of motion within normal limits (flexion and extension 60°, lateral flexion 40° and rotation 70°)
• Lift objects of various dimensions and weights.
• Ability to operate hand controls with both hands.
• Ability to operate foot pedals with both feet.
• Ability to perform sustained overhead reaching.
• Ability to use vibration tools.
• Ability to tolerate working outdoors in all environmental temperatures and weather.
• Ability to work in areas with the potential for high noise levels.
• Ability to tolerate working at heights up to 9 feet
- Deliver Ready Mix Concrete to the customer in a timely manner
- Maintain vehicle in a clean, organized, and safe fashion
- Perform minor roadside repairs
- Visually inspect mix, slump and verify load sized
- Work with customer to achieve maximum customer service
- Work closely with dispatch to ensure quickest and safest routes to jobs
- Assemble concrete chutes and operate chute controls during the pour
- Observe all safety precautions and rules specified by federal, state, and Company regulations including but not limited to: wearing property safety gear and attending safety meetings, perform pre-trip inspections, complete vehicle inspection reports, and report unsafe conditions and accidents
We are an EOE employer.