Our Mother of Sorrows
Job Title: Receptionist (School) Exemption Status: Non-exempt
Department/Location: Our Mother of Sorrows School / Tucson, AZ
Primary Function: Under the direction of the School Principal or Office Manager, is responsible for providing a variety of receptionist and administrative duties in a school.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the schools spiritual and pastoral mission
- Shall abide by Catholic principles in the teachers professional and private life, and shall govern his/her professional and private life in strict accordance with Catholic morals and principles to demonstrate complete adherence to Catholic moral strictures;
- Foster communication and works collaboratively with office staff and faculty
- Answer and handle incoming telephone calls in a professional and courteous manner; Distribute mail daily; perform mailings as necessary
- Prioritize, coordinate and schedule calendar requests; maintain and ensure accuracy of the calendar
- Be knowledgeable of school rules and school/church events
- Maintain accurate attendance records for students; print reports as needed
- Receive payments, notes, scrip orders, etc. and disseminate to appropriate personnel
- Retrieve phone messages; Administer tardy/admit slips to students
- Maintain and update information in student information system
- Assist the Admissions Office with processing paperwork
- Attend to the needs of visitors to the school office; maintain reception room and office kitchen area in good order.
- Participate in the evacuation process in the event of emergencies; maintain and monitor sign in logs as necessary
- Provide support to school personnel as necessary
- Perform other duties as assigned
Physical/Mental Requirements: Requires coordination and manual dexterity, normal mental and visual ability; ability to lift as required in a normal office environment.
Required Activities: Walking; sitting; standing; stooping; reaching; talking; handling; hearing; carrying; and keyboarding.
- Must have a working knowledge of and a strong commitment to the mission of the Diocese and Catholic School; must be in communion with the Church
- Excellent communications skills, verbal and written; excellent human relations and interpersonal skills
- Exercise courtesy to fellow employees, parents, parishioners and the public
- Must be a self-starter; well organized; perform multiple tasks simultaneously and work with a sense of urgency
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of student and parent information
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment; punctuality is a must at all times; weekend and overtime work may be required
- Proficiency in computer technology to include word-processing, spreadsheets and internet research; minimum typing skill of 40 WPM
- Professional bearing; clean and neat personal appearance
- Ability to successfully pass a background, criminal history, and credit history check
Education and Experience:
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- 1 years experience as a receptionist in a small, medium or large firm or equivalent experience
- Bilingual (English-Spanish) preferred
Covenants of Employment:
Our Mother of Sorrows is a Roman Catholic religious organization and that all employees are expected to respect and conduct themselves in accordance with the values, teachings and morals of the Roman Catholic Church and by Arizona state law. Under the "Zero Tolerance Policy", no one will be knowingly assigned or retained to serve in the School when that person is determined to have engaged in the abuse of a minor or to have violated boundaries in dealing with minors.