Town of Marana
Marana is the fastest growing community in Southern Arizona and the 2nd largest municipality in Pima County. The Town was recently recognized as one of the ten most successful cities in Arizona. Marana lies approximately 20 minutes northwest of downtown Tucson and 75 minutes southeast of Phoenix. The Town makes its decisions based on a Strategic Plan that has five focus areas: Commerce, Community, Heritage, Innovation and Recreation.
Marana's standards are high. We are an organization of excellence and have developed four Cultural Value Statements that provide the guidelines for how we work together. Our Cultural Values are: Dedicated Service, Respect, Teamwork and Engaged Innovation.
The Town of Marana is seeking a Records Clerk to work in the Town Clerks Office. This is a full-time position providing administrative support to the Town's public records management program. The records clerk works closely with executive leadership staff, and the Marana Town Council, to prepare the official council agenda packet. The Town Clerks Office is a fast paced work environment that is deadline driven. Candidates who are detail oriented with strong customer service experience are encouraged to apply.
The Town offers a competitive benefits package: http://www.maranaaz.gov/benefits
Hiring Range: $15.30 - $18.74
- Responds to public records requests; assures proper authorization to review records; searches database; and converts files to meet customer needs.
- Uses digital imaging and records management software to assist internal and external customers. Uses discretion in handling confidential Town records.
- Maintains computer databases; accountable for accuracy and completeness in digital images; ensures uniformity of digital information to accepted standards; provides quality control by locating problematic files and purging duplicate information.
- Analyzes various codes, retention schedules, and other regulations to determine appropriate dispositions for inactive records that conform to legal, administrative, and fiscal constraints.
- Uses professional communication skills to correspond with the elected officials and executive leadership staff.
- Uses agenda preparation software and public notice applications to prepare and distribute the agenda packets for the Marana Town Council and various boards and commissions.
- Acts as a department point of contact for agenda preparation materials and post-council meeting follow-up tasks.
- High school diploma or GED equivalency plus six months of additional education or training
- Over one year of experience performing clerical duties within an office environment
- Proficiency with MS Word and MS Excel
- Knowledge in various computer applications
- Records management and data entry experience a plus
- Prior experience working with elected officials a plus
If you meet the minimum requirements, submit a completed Town of Marana application which can be supplemented with a resume and cover letter. Candidates are responsible for verifying receipt of materials. Applications must be submitted by applying online at www.maranaaz.gov and following the employment link. All status updates will be sent via email through the applicant tracking system.
TOWN OF MARANA CONTACT INFORMATION
11555 West Civic Center Drive
Marana, AZ 85653
phone (520) 382-1900 / fax (520) 382-3500
Human Resource Staff Contact
Loren Churchman /520.382.1934/ firstname.lastname@example.org
The Town of Marana is an equal opportunity employer. If you require a reasonable accommodation at any stage of the application/exam process due to a disability, please contact the Human Resources Department prior to any deadlines related to this recruitment process. Please contact the Human Resources Department if you would like this publication in an alternative format.