Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Recovery Coach (Peer Support)
Come and join the AMAZING Southwest Network Team so you can experience this great opportunity located in the North Phoenix area!
Our members will look to you to help combat negative self-talk, overcome fears, solve problems, and articulate, set and accomplish goals. Youll teach them to advocate for the services they want and/or need and help them build social skills that will enhance their chances for employment or meaningful community activities.
Youll also assist the clinical staff in identifying program environments that are conducive to recovery, lending your unique insights into mental illness and what makes recovery possible.
A complete job description is available upon request.
Education, Certification, and Experience Requirements
- Must possess a high school or equivalency diploma.
- Must be a current or prior recipient of Maricopa County behavioral health services with a minimum of one (1) year in recovery.
- Peer support certificate required.
- Must maintain current CPR, First Aid, and Therapeutic Options certification.
- Must have and maintain a valid Arizona driver's license.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
Knowledge, Ability, and Skills
- Must have the ability to maintain excellent member and family relationships and provide excellent customer service
- Requires effective written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to stay organized and have critical thinking, time management and problem solving skills are a must
- Ability to utilize multiple types of office equipment (i.e. phones, copier, fax, etc.)
- Ability to type 25 to 40 WPM is preferred
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office software
- Must be able to utilize the internet and various web browsers
COMPENSATION and BENEFITS
- This position is offered at a fair, competitive salary.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Health Savings and Flex Spending account options
- Paid sick, vacation and holiday time (10 paid holidays per year!)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Retirement plan (403b) with company match
- Disability insurance
- Basic life insurance with the option to purchase supplemental insurance
- Employee Assistance Program and Employee Discounts
- Family Medical Leave
- Hearing Discount Program
- Tobacco Cessation Program
- Virta Prediabetes Reversal Program
- IDShield and Legal Shield Protection
- Bilingual Stipend Available
When you consider everythingthe salary, the benefits, the ongoing training and support we offer, and the impact youll have on the lives of othersit could be the right opportunity for you.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon verification of education, employment, driving record and auto insurance, and completion of a criminal background check and drug testing.
Southwest Network is an equal opportunity employer.
ABOUT OUR ADULT SERVICES DIVISION
For adults with serious mental illness, recovery and success in life depends on good mental and physical health, as well as having satisfying relationships, safe housing, purpose in life, a sense of belonging, and hope for the future. We help people define their personal goals for recovery and manage their symptoms so they can achieve those goals. With our integrated health services, care and support, they discover strengths they didnt know they had and are able to build futures filled with hope, meaning, and wellness.