Town of Marana
Marana is the fastest growing community in Southern Arizona and the 2nd largest municipality in Pima County. The Town was recently recognized as one of the ten most successful cities in Arizona. Marana lies approximately 20 minutes northwest of downtown Tucson and 75 minutes southeast of Phoenix. The Town makes its decisions based on a Strategic Plan that has five focus areas: Commerce, Community, Heritage, Innovation and Recreation.
Marana's standards are high. We are an organization of excellence and have developed four Cultural Value Statements that provide the guidelines for how we work together. Our Cultural Values are: Dedicated Service, Respect, Teamwork and Engaged Innovation.
The Town of Marana is seeking several Recreation Aides to work in the Parks and Recreation Department. This is a short-term temporary position and an exciting opportunity for someone interested in having a direct impact on promoting Marana to become a premier destination for business and leisure as well as outdoor enthusiasts.
Hiring Rate: $13.00
Returning employees may receive a $.25 (cents) increase each year.
Recreation aides provide support to recreation staff to ensure the best delivery of recreation programs. They will work at community events, the splash pad, youth sports and other recreational programs as needed. Schedules will vary by program area with on-call hours during daytime, evening and holidays.
- Leads assigned recreation programs; prepares and sets up for program activities; maintains facilities and equipment; performs other duties related to conducting programs.
- Provides excellent customer service.
- Performs light administrative work by completing documents; files, makes and receives phone calls regarding programs.
Outdoor Recreation (Preferred Availability: on call; nights & weekends)
- Assist with guided trail hikes and desert education programs in outdoor settings to include tortolita trail system, community garden and natural resource recreation areas.
- Implement and overseeing elements of community special events.
- Officiate youth flag football games; responsible for being prompt and professional during all games, interact with coaches, parents and other officials and youths.
- Assists in maintaining order in compliance with established rules or leagues and sports programs and ensure safety of participants.
- Assist in implementing sports programs, clinics and wellness events.
- Assist with Special Interest programs; paint nights, afterschool youth classes, and events.
- Assist with Senior Programs and Activities.
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Must pass fingerprint clearance background check
- Must pass the Town of Marana background
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 6 months experience working as a recreation aide, sports official or in a closely related field in multiple settings with different age groups.
If you meet the minimum requirements, submit a completed Town of Marana application which can be supplemented with a resume and cover letter. Candidates are responsible for verifying receipt of materials. Applications must be submitted by applying online at www.maranaaz.gov and following the employment link. All status updates will be sent via email through the applicant tracking system.
Job posting will remain open until a sufficient number of applicants have met the minimum requirements and have been scheduled for interviews. Applications are reviewed continuously.
TOWN OF MARANA CONTACT INFORMATION
11555 West Civic Center Drive
Marana, AZ 85653
ph (520) 382-1900 / fx (520) 382-3500
Human Resources Staff Contact
Loren Churchman /520.382.1934/ firstname.lastname@example.org
For technical issues with the NEOGOV site, please contact Customer Support at 1-855-524-5627.
The Town of Marana is an equal opportunity employer. If you require a reasonable accommodation at any stage of the application/exam process due to a disability, please contact the Human Resources Department prior to any deadlines related to this recruitment process. Please contact the Human Resources Department if you would like this publication in an alternative format.