Town of Marana
Recreation Programmer (Aquatics & Community Events)
Marana is the fastest growing community in Southern Arizona and the 2nd largest municipality in Pima County. The Town was recently recognized as one of the ten most successful cities in Arizona. Marana lies approximately 20 minutes northwest of downtown Tucson and 75 minutes southeast of Phoenix. The Town makes its decisions based on a Strategic Plan that has five focus areas: Commerce, Community, Heritage, Innovation and Recreation.
Marana's standards are high. We are an organization of excellence and have developed four Cultural Value Statements that provide the guidelines for how we work together. Our Cultural Values are: Dedicated Service, Respect, Teamwork and Engaged Innovation.
The Town of Marana is seeking a Recreation Programmer to work in the Parks & Recreation department with a specialty in the areas of Aquatics and Community Events. This is a full-time position and an exciting opportunity for someone interested in working in a fast paced environment.
The Recreation Programmer is responsible for providing professional recreation programming and facility operations for the Towns Parks & Recreation department. The Recreation Programmer assists in planning, coordinating and delivering quality recreation programs, services, events and facilities. This position is critical to the efficient and effective delivery of recreation programs for the Town of Marana within the specialized areas of Aquatics and Community Events. The programmer will directly be involved in supporting Town Strategic Plan initiatives relative to the pursuit of programs. This position is also important in fulfilling many of the strategic actions recommended in the Parks, Recreation, Trails and Open Space Master Plan.
The Town offers a competitive benefits package: http://www.maranaaz.gov/benefits
Hiring Range: $18.38 - $22.96
- Assists in the planning, coordination, promotion, and implementation, and supervision of recreational activities in the specialty program areas of Aquatics and Community Events Supervises, provides guidance and when necessary disciplines subordinate staff
- Prepares and executes advertisement and promotional plans for programs and facilities
- May lead and teach a variety of recreational activities
- Ensures facilities and equipment are safe, clean and arranged to meet the requirements of scheduled programs, activities and events.
- Assists with purchasing necessary equipment and supplies
- Supervises the distribution, care, use and maintenance of supplies and equipment for assigned programs and facilities
- Documents, maintains records and reports on data pertaining to programs, activities, events and facilities
- Assists in the preparation of social media announcements, bulletins and promotional materials including news releases, flyers, pamphlets, and brochures
- Assists with facility operations, maintenance and supervision to include (but not limited to) balancing chemicals and filter/pump maintenance as it pertains to Aquatic features/facilities
- Performs on-site program inspections and evaluations to ensure compliance with program and safety policies and procedures
- Attends meetings and acts as the Department liaison when necessary
- Plans, coordinates and staffs Department outreach activities
- Assists with other recreation specialty program areas as needed
- High school diploma or GED equivalency plus six months of additional education or training
- Over one (1) year experience performing recreation programming duties or related duties
- First Aid, AED and CPR certifications (required within 6 months)
- American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification (required within 6 months)
- Aquatic Facility Operator or equivalent (required within 6 months)
- Valid Arizona Driver License
- Ability to pass both the Town of Marana background check and fingerprint clearance.
- American Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor Certificate
- American Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED Instructor Certificate
If you meet the minimum requirements, submit a completed Town of Marana application which can be supplemented with a resume and cover letter. Candidates are responsible for verifying receipt of materials. Applications must be submitted by applying online at www.maranaaz.gov and following the employment link. All status updates will be sent via email through the applicant tracking system.
REVIEW PROCESS: Job posting will remain open until a sufficient number of applicants have met the minimum requirements and have been scheduled for interviews.
TOWN OF MARANA CONTACT INFORMATION
11555 West Civic Center Drive
Marana, AZ 85653
ph (520) 382-1900 / fx (520) 382-3500
Human Resource Staff Contact
Loren Churchman /(520) 382-1934/ email@example.com
For technical issues with the NEOGOV site, please contact Customer Support at (855) 524-5627.
The Town of Marana is an equal opportunity employer. If you require a reasonable accommodation at any stage of the application/exam process due to a disability, please contact the Human Resources Department prior to any deadlines related to this recruitment process. Please contact the Human Resources Department if you would like this publication in an alternative format.