Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is seeking a dedicated, patient, and enthusiastic ABA Therapist/Registered Behavior Technician to join our Southwest Autism Center of Excellence program at Metro Outpatient Clinic. Schedule is 8-5 with flexibility needed for home visits.
Location: W. Peoria Ave & I-17.
Pay Rate: starts at $18 per hour. We are now offering a sign-on bonus of $1500 upon hire.
Our Ideal Candidate will possess a variety of skills to successfully perform their duties. Have the ability to work in office and complete home visits. Autonomy for this is based on how you manage your home visits.
- Flexible with schedule
- Listening skills
- Traveling to complete home visits
- Work independently
About the Position
As an ABA Therapist you will provide direct Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) services to individuals and will serve as a central support for children, adolescent, adult clients, and their families. This position combines care collaboration functions and family skills development. In this position, you will provide direct services in the home and school. Services will be provided to clients as directed by a Board-Certified Behavior Analyst and client needs assessments. This position will be responsible for implementing behavior modification treatment plans, to teach replacement behaviors to reduce challenging behaviors, train caregivers to successfully implement interventions written in treatment plans, create programs, create and complete data sheets, and complete monthly progress reports that summarizes data collected during direct service sessions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Implement skill acquisition and behavior reduction interventions, including discrete trial teaching, natural environment teaching, incidental teaching and social skills training prescribed in the clients individualized treatment plan.
- Assist with family and caregiver training in line with clients individualized treatment and behavior protocols.
- Effectively communicate with families and caregivers regarding client progress as instructed by the Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA).
- Utilize safe & appropriate crisis management procedures when working with clients.
- Assist with skill acquisition and behavior reduction assessments under the supervision of a BCBA, BCaBA, and Masters level intern.
- Assist Behavior Technician, Behavior Analysts, and ABA Interns in preparing client materials as instructed.
- Perform as an integral part of an interdisciplinary team in delivery of above services.
- Collaborate with treatment team including client, families and caregivers, outside professionals, Behavior Technician, ABA Interns and co-workers.
- Maintain and attend supervisions and training.
- Engages in solution-focused, strength-based ABA services to consumers in accordance with company standards
- Minimum requirement consists of 21 years of age;
- A High School Diploma/GED and 2 years of experience with children and/or adults with developmental disabilities.
- Must have a fingerprint clearance issued by Arizona Department of Public Safety or eligible to receive within eight (8) weeks of hire.
- 3.3 weeks of PTO your 1st year of employment, with increased accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service!
- 10 paid holidays
- Low-cost medical and vision insurance and 100% company paid dental, short term disability, long term disability and life insurance for employees
- We will help you save for retirement 40% company match up to a 10% deferral into your SB&H retirement account!
- Career Development Benefit from our culture of internal promotion!
- We help you with your higher education goals Reduce your tuition costs with our tuition reimbursement program & discount degree programs!
- Employee Assistance Program, Health & Wellness and much more!
We are seeking an individual to help us fulfill SB&Hs mission, Delivering compassionate care to enhance lives and improve communities. To gain a stronger understanding of Southwest Behavioral & Health Services mission, values and services please review our website, https://www.sbhservices.org/history-mission-milestones.
SB&H is a drug-free workplace, drug screening required. EOE
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.