Centers Health Care
Registered Dietitian (RD)
Registered Dietitian - RD
Oneida Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing is actively seeking an experienced Registered Dietitian (RD) for our skilled nursing facility located in Utica, NY.
The RD will be supported by a knowledgeable and seasoned Registered Diet Tech who manages the food service department.
- Assess / Monitor the Residents' nutritional status, provide recommendations to medical staff, and develop adequate care plans
- Evaluate special needs of Residents regarding nutrition support, skin breakdown, and significant weight issues
- Coordinate procurement of nutrition support supplies and oral supplements with outside vendors as well as involved department heads
- Monitor Resident meal service to ensure diet modifications are followed
- Educate residents, families, and staff in concepts of nutrition & diet modification
- Routinely evaluate Dietary Care plans for effectiveness to ensure high quality of care
- Meet weekly with an interdisciplinary team to review and adjust residents plan of care
- Work closely with the Speech-Language Pathologist to ensure appropriate mechanically altered diets are provided for residents with dysphagia
- Reviewing all menu changes to ensure they follow the facilitys policies/procedures & State/Federal guidelines
- Update diet order and menu changes in computer menu software daily
- Supervising & working closely with the dietary team to provide excellent Resident care
- Conduct audits of areas relevant to providing quality nutrition care on a routine basis
- Ensure the facility complies with regulations and policies on weight monitoring
- Communicate with an interdisciplinary team daily to provide quality care to Residents
- Must be a Registered Dietitian!
- Degree in Nutrition or Dietetics
- Supervisory experience in healthcare settings
- Exceptional interpersonal & leadership skills
- Knowledge of applicable state and federal guidelines
- Computer literacy and proficiency with EMR software and computer-based menu systems
Oneida Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare. Formerly known as Focus Utica for Rehabilitation and Healthcare, Oneida Center is a 120-bed rehabilitation and skilled nursing facility located in Utica, New York. Our pledge to the community, our residents, and the staff is to provide post-acute-care in a manner that sets the standard of excellence and strives to meet and/or exceed the expectations of our residents, staff, and all we come in contact with. Services at Oneida Center include Skilled Nursing, Respite, Hospice, and Post-acute Rehabilitation and are affiliated with an Assisted Living Program and Adult Day Care. We endeavor to embrace our residents in times of crisis and assist them to leave and/or live here with a sense of well - being, individuality, and independence.