City of Kansas City Missouri
Kansas City, MO, United States
Full-time position available with KCMO’s Public Works Department, Street Preservation Division, 4721 Coal Mine Road.
Normal Work Days/Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Salary Range: $3,957-$6,769/month.
Application Deadline: May 31, 2022.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversees and manages the City of Kansas City, Missouri’s Street Preservation program, a multi-million dollar program that focuses on resurfacing, micro-surfacing/slurry sealing, crack/joint sealing, rejuvenation, and rehabilitation of City streets along with other special projects.
- Determines the methods, priorities, activities, planning, supervision, and maintenance of our street assets along with assigning tasks to several crews engaged in a wide variety of limited construction, maintenance, and inspection activities.
- Performs contract creation, contract facilitation, management as well as asset management, GIS, data management, and many other computer-related/highly skilled tasks.
- Prepares schedules and assigns and coordinates all inspections to all necessary Street Preservation work sites.
- Provides quality control and quality assurance for all data within Street Preservation.
- Negotiates with contractors for costs not outlined in contract bid items.
- Responsible for work scope and estimates for Street Preservation projects as well as others (PIAC, Parks, Aviation, etc.).
- Analyzes reports, maps, and other contract-related documents and integrates them into a program/contract.
- Prepares pay applications, change orders,etc. Assists and/or provides answers to both field and contract inquiries.
- Answers and replies to 311 investigations.
- Responsible for operating, staying updated, and providing training to employees on asset management software and trains employees in their daily duties.
REQUIRES professional engineer registration. Within 6 months of hire date, must be registered as a professional engineer with Missouri Board for Architects, Professional Engineers, Professional Land Surveyors, and Professional Landscape Architects.
Must have working knowledge of City assets, activities, and the ability to perform analysis of each asset to access conditions and needed maintenance.
Must have advanced level skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and the abilities to create a project manual/plans for each contract as well as an advanced level of skill and knowledge of Cartegraph, Cad and or ArcGIS software.
Must pass a pre-employment drug screen as prescribed by the City.
The City of Kansas City, Missouri is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce.