Divine Savior Healthcare
REGISTERED NURSE - ACUTE CARE COORDINATOR
For a 3rd year in a row, Aspirus has been recognized as one of the top 15 Top Health Systems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying the top-performing health systems in the country based on overall organizational performance.
We are seeking an Acute RN Care Coordinator at the Aspirus Wausau Hospital, in Wausau, WI. The Acute RN Care Coordinator is responsible for assessing patient needs and coordinating referrals to resources to meet those needs in the Aspirus Hospital System. As part of the multidisciplinary team, the Acute RN Care Coordinator works closely with physicians, nursing and ancillary departments, and provides support and clinical expertise to nursing personnel regarding patient care coordination issues, while using nursing practice knowledge in the development of the patient's plan of care.
- Knowledge and skills normally acquired through completion of an Associates Degree in Nursing. BSN preferred.
- Minimum of one year acute care hospital experience. Experience in critical care, general medical and/or surgical nursing, and experience in educational presentations beneficial.
- Possesses current Wisconsin or Michigan Certified RN licensure, dependent on business unit assigned.
- Requires independent judgment, analytical, problem solving, and collaborative skills in order to organize and prioritize multiple tasks to provide patient centered care.
- Two years' experience in a leadership position preferred.
Aspirus Wausau Hospital is the flagship of the Aspirus system that serves patients in 14 counties across northern and central Wisconsin, as well as the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. It is a licensed private/not-for-profit facility with 325 beds and staffed by 350 physicians in 35 specialties. Aspirus Wausau Hospital is a Level II trauma center that provides primary, secondary and tertiary care services as a regional referral center. Specialty referral service emphasis exists in cardiology and cardiothoracic surgery, orthopedics and cancer. The hospital has an average daily inpatient census of 160 with approximately 15,000 admissions per year. Outpatient visits exceed 50,000 and there are also more than 24,000 annual emergency department visits.
Best known for its world-class cardiovascular program, Aspirus Wausau Hospital also provides leading edge cancer, trauma, women's health, and spine and neurological care
As an Aspirus team, we demonstrate caring, we plan to impact the future, work with happiness and enthusiasm, recognize our power to make a difference and improve the health of our communities.