Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) to join our Mesa Outpatient Site! This position works closely with members of the community in crisis and their families, to implement behavioral management interventions in defusing and de-escalating consumers, to document consumer treatment, response and stabilization progress in records.
Knowledge of medications and members indications, common side effects, reactions and interactions of medications prescribed. Knowledge of Arizona Mental Health Law and the petition process, State of Arizona Nursing Rules and Regulations, & crisis intervention techniques. Able to perform duties with minimal supervision, to direct and supervise a team and function as a team member.
About the Position
The Registered Nurse (RN) goals are to provide timely, evidenced-based clinical and non-clinical support services to adults, children and adolescents. Services will include intakes, assessments, treatment planning, psychiatric support, in-office, in-school and in-home therapeutic 1:1 and group interventions. All services will be guided by the Jason K. Principles and delivered according to guidelines set forth by the RHBA and OBHL.
Works as part of a clinical multi-disciplinary team. Performs nursing assessment on consumers at work site. Accepts medication orders from physicians and executes it. Oversees and maintains medication and medication records in accordance with Agency policies and State regulations. Works with psychiatrist in the monitoring of medications. Coordinates medical care with BH Medical Practitioner and PCP. Responsible for contributing to and creating a recovery based environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
Contacts provider regarding consumer care as needed. Completes a nursing assessment on all consumers admitted. Obtains and attaches consumer identification. Works closely with Program Coordinator and/or Director on treatment and discharge planning. Identifies need for medical attention, alerts physician of medical concerns and coordinates referrals of consumers for medical care. Manages and monitors care of consumers. Consults with psychiatrist/primary care provider, obtains orders from psychiatrist/primary care provider and executes them. Takes leadership role in management of consumer treatment. Completes clinical documentation and required paperwork in a timely fashion. Collects blood or urine specimens and arranges transport to lab as ordered by physician. To ensure compliance & adequate services, additional job duties may be required to meet the needs of the program and or department.
- Required to be Registered Nurse, currently licensed in the State of Arizona.
- Must have post-degree experience of two years in the area of psychiatric nursing or integrated clinic setting or a Masters degree in Psychiatric Nursing.
- Must have fingerprint clearance issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety or be eligible to receive within eight (8) weeks of hire.
- Documentation of education, relevant work experience and credentials is required.
- Thorough comprehension of psychiatric disorders, medical comorbidities and addictions.
- 3.3 weeks of PTO your 1st year of employment, with increased accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service!
- 10 paid holidays
- Low-cost medical and vision insurance and 100% company paid dental, short term disability, long term disability and life insurance for employees
- We will help you save for retirement 40% company match up to a 10% deferral into your SB&H retirement account!
- Career Development Benefit from our culture of internal promotion!
- We help you with your higher education goals Reduce your tuition costs with our tuition reimbursement program & discount degree programs!
- Employee Assistance Program, Health & Wellness and much more!
Do you want to help SB&H fulfill our mission, Delivering compassionate care to enhance lives and improve communities? To gain a stronger understanding of Southwest Behavioral & Health Services mission, values and services please review our website, https://www.sbhservices.org/history-mission-milestones.
- Compassion: We take an empathetic and caring approach to the well-being of one another through personal connections.
- Integrity: We do the right thing by being sincere, honest, and keeping our word under any circumstance.
- Quality: We uphold a standard of excellence that focuses on achieving successful outcomes.
- Empowerment: We champion self-determination, equity, and inclusivity in an environment where our team and community feel valued.
- Innovation: We pioneer change by encouraging team involvement and dynamic thinking that implement progressive solutions.
- Trust: We nurture a culture where each individual can express themselves by building relationships based on respect, reliability, acceptance, and honest communication.
SB&H is a drug-free workplace, drug screening required. EOE
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.