Gunnison Valley Health
Registered Nurse - FT, PCU (Nights)
Work Hours: 7p-7a
Gunnison Valley Health is the sole community-owned health system for Gunnison County and surrounding areas. We are not just a hospital, but a fully integrated health system providing services for all stages of life; from an award winning EMS department to a 52,000 square foot, state of the art senior care center and everything in between. We are a leading health source for our community, offering wellness programs, medical education and illness prevention. With Behavioral Health as a focus, we are looking for someone who will provide care and immediate behavioral health services to our clients while contributing to the quality of care and community collaboration of the Behavioral Health team.
Here at Gunnison Valley Health, your good work will be rewarded. In addition to a competitive salary, a generous and affordable medical/dental/vision plan, and a matching 401(a) there are other great perks including:
- Work/Life balance in an outdoor enthusiasts mecca
- No traffic, and a scenic commute to the office
- Over 300 days of sunshine/year
- Working at one of the Top 25 Rural Hospital Nationwide (iVantage Index in 2019)
- Tuition Reimbursement
To be seriously considered for this role, youll need to have:
- Education: Graduation from an accredited school of nursing. Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Experience: Minimum 1 year acute care experience required.
- Licenses/Certification: RN license current in the state of Colorado or compact state. Current BLS certification, ACLS maintenance expected.
As the Patient Care Unit Registered Nurse at Gunnison Valley Health, you will assess and care for patients by collaborating with all members of the health care team. You will assess and triage individuals who present for help with their own health issues. You will cross train and float to other areas of nursing as required. Youll utilize your unique skills and ideas by:
- Participating in process improvement and consistently offering solution based input.
- Providing patient and family centered care.
- Continuing to attain knowledge and competency that reflects current nursing practices.
Medical, dental, vision, health care FSA, and dependent care FSA: All active employees working 40 or more hours per pay period are eligible for benefits on the first of the month following 30 days of active service. PRN staff are not initially eligible for benefits, and GVH follows all Affordable Health Care Act Eligibility guidelines.
Compensation: $29.48/hr - $37.35/hr, depending on experience.