Southwest Behavioral and Health Services is seeking a dedicated and compassionate Registered Nurse who can help us fulfill our mission. Delivering compassionate care to enhance lives and improve communities. We are seeking someone who is empathetic, caring and excellent communication skills. Does this describe you? If so, you may be the person we are looking for to join our dynamic Recovery Transition team!
Job Preview at a Glance:
Your primary responsibility will be working with adult patients needing psychiatric care and supervising the recovery unit. In this role you will be a strong individual contributor with no direct reports, allowing you to provide recovery-based services in a secure environment for consumers in varying levels of crisis. What makes this position unique, you will also have the ability to influence various team members and work collaboratively with the psychiatric prescriber. No two days are the same; each day presents different challenges and opportunities granting you a chance to use your diverse nursing skills.
Location & Schedule:
This position reports to Recovery Transition Program off of 35th Ave and McDowell. The schedule is 7pm-7am Sunday, Monday, Tuesday.
Salary: Starting wage $40.00/hour plus shift differential
- Completes a thorough nursing assessment and nursing care plan on all consumers admitted
- Works with psychiatric prescriber in monitoring patient medication
- Takes leadership role in management of consumer treatment
- Attends monthly Supervisor and All Staff meetings
- Conducts medication education and other wellness groups
- Oversees orientation and training of new clinical staff
- Provides therapeutic interactions and activities to patients
- During crisis, functions as the lead providing direction on using the least restrictive interventions
- Works closely with clinical team and prescriber on consumer treatment and discharge planning
- Currently licensed in the State of Arizona as a Registered Nurse
- Prior psychiatric nursing experience
- Knowledge of Arizona Mental Health Law and the petition process, State of Arizona and Nursing Rules and Regulations
- Knowledge of crisis intervention techniques
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over one thousand employees, and 40 years experience.
To learn about Southwest Behavioral & Health Services mission, values and services please review our website at https://www.sbhservices.org/
- Mission: Delivering Compassionate Care to Enhance Lives and Improve Communities
- Values: Compassion, Integrity, Quality, Empowerment, Innovation and Trust
SB&H is a drug-free workplace, drug screening required. EOE
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.