Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is seeking dedicated, enthusiastic and inspiring Registered Nurse for our Desert Cove Ave Residential Facility! Work schedule will be Monday through Friday 9 AM to 5 PM.
Location: 19th Ave and Peoria Ave
Pay range: starts at $35 per hour
About the Position
The RN role will function as our in-house team medical representative working in collaboration with Behavioral Health staff and managers to provide a more well-rounded program meaning; early identification of medical concerns, quality intervention, leading coordination of care, reduction of risk, reduction of early death as a result of a treatable condition, staff and client education, Client advocacy, and actions to help overcome system barriers and challenges.
- Works as part of a multi-disciplinary team to improve integrative health care within residential treatment facilities for SMI adults.
- Provides case consultation from a medical perspective to be integrated with behavioral health care.
- Provides assessment and direct care to clients through identifying needed interventions to improve physical health
- Gives input into creating integrative service planning.
- Provides Client Advocacy through coordination of care with external medical service providers
- Manages and monitors care of consumers with appropriate staff delegation and follow up from a medical perspective in conjunction with Program Coordinator.
- Acts as a medical case manager and liaison.
- Works with medical insurance providers to obtain resources and services available.
- Communicates with the medical community and coordinates referrals of consumers for medical care.
- Takes leadership role in the quality of care of consumer treatment in conjunction with the Program Coordinator and Team Lead. Able to provide direct supervision for BHT staff within a team management approach.
- Conducts med education and other wellness groups.
Education & Qualifications:
- Minimum requirement consists of a 21-year age.
- Required to be Registered Nurse, currently licensed in the State of Arizona.
- Experienced in a community-based psychiatric practice is preferred. Documentation of education, relevant work experience and credentials is required.
- Must have fingerprint clearance issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety or be eligible to receive within eight (8) weeks of hire (as required per program requirements).
- Required to maintain a valid Arizona drivers license and pass motor vehicle screening for insurance purposes in order to transport clients, based upon need/requirements of the clinic and/or program.